Tom's costume

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tom's costume

Postby Doctor31074 on November 11th, 2009, 1:31 am

I liked the costume that he wore from the Ribos Operation to the end of Androids of Tara, then in Nightmare of Eden. The long dark coat, then the really long multicoloured scarf, with the green hat. That has to be my absolute favorite. My second would have to be grey coat with the original scarf and brown hat. Third being the Grey coat and long scarf that he wore in City of Death. Fourth being his season twelve ensemble, fifth being the Pyramids of Mars look, sixth the Image of Fendahl-Invasion of Time scarf with the dark coat, then the season eighteen burgundy look. I felt a little disapointed that the scarf that served him so long wasn't even present when its master regenerated...
Doctor31074

Postby Jedi Princess on November 11th, 2009, 3:28 am

awwww John, you're a lovely person :)

And I love the sweater, too :D
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby TARDIS-Tara on November 11th, 2009, 4:54 am

Long coats and scarves. Yum. :)

I really, really enjoyed reading June Hudson's essay on costuming Tom Baker's Doctor.

I agree totally that he has a 'warm brown voice' and so those are the colors I most often think of him in.

And don't knock the Season Eighteen costume.

It's a very impressive man that can pull off that much plum!
"Pity about the scarf-- Madame Nostradamus made it for me-- a witty little knitter. Never get another one like it--" The Doctor, Ark in Space
TARDIS-Tara

Postby merlinsseer on November 11th, 2009, 5:42 am

See john- the sweater has plenty of love ( gives another cookie ) . Tara ? Since you got to see the scarf up close, did you get to see the coat too? As you can see, i am one of the few defenders of the coat -poor coat.
" warm, brown voice" huh- i still like ' chocolate velvet " better ;)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby tracy on November 11th, 2009, 10:38 am

dont put your self down john its also whats inside that counts and from our chats you are a lovly guy
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby TARDIS-Tara on November 11th, 2009, 10:41 am

merlinsseer wrote:Tara ? Since you got to see the scarf up close, did you get to see the coat too?)

I'm afraid I was far more interested in the scarf. Sorry. :(
"Pity about the scarf-- Madame Nostradamus made it for me-- a witty little knitter. Never get another one like it--" The Doctor, Ark in Space
TARDIS-Tara

Postby John on November 11th, 2009, 11:38 am

Awww thanks for the nice comments ladies, though I was only joking. I'm actually gorgeous....or so my mum keeps telling me! :lol:
John

Postby tracy on November 11th, 2009, 6:25 pm

:D your mum is proud of you john and its nice we can all get on well on here .its going great on here
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on November 13th, 2009, 9:05 pm

I have two most FAVouritE's: The original one HE first stepped out of the TARDIS in and season fifteen's tweed and tweed outfit. BIG SIGH TWICE However, HIS peasant/poet shirt and cranberry knickers in "Deadly Assassin" is to die for. SIGH-FAINT-THUD
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Jedi Princess on November 14th, 2009, 2:46 pm

the Deadly Assassin Costume was awesome, wasn't it? :D
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years