Nicholas Courtney Memorial

A place to remember those we have loved.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Nicholas Courtney Memorial

Postby Sarah on February 23rd, 2011, 10:46 pm

I am very sorry to hear this news, I don't really know what else to say, everyone has said it already but we can know that this wonderfull man is I pray in a better place with no pain now and we have his wonderfull memory he will not be forgotten.
Sarah

Postby tch on February 24th, 2011, 12:34 am

Very sad.
He was such a big part of the world of Who.

Just got my order from Big Finish. Guess I'll move 'Spectre of Layon-moor to the top of the pile.
tch

Postby Marcello Cristiano on February 24th, 2011, 2:22 am

I'm very sad about Nick's passing. I loved the character of The Brigadier. I especially loved his comic timing in the episode 'The Three Doctors'. He was a great actor, and always brought a friendly and warm atmosphere to Doctor Who, which I will forever be appreciative of. I feel for his family and friends right now. I also feel for TOM. He has lost his good friend, but with all our Whovian memories combined worldwide, he will never be forgotten and will always be immortal in our hearts. We will miss you in the Whoniverse, Nick. We loved you and will always love you.

R.I.P. NICHOLAS COURTNEY

Love,

Marcello
Marcello Cristiano

Postby MCH on February 24th, 2011, 4:54 am

I really liked his Brigadier character. I always wondered if there were times when he (the character) secretly wanted to throttle the Doctor. :) not that the Doctor ever gave him any reason to. :?

I'm sad to learn of his passing. I'll always remember him through his great portrayal of Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart. :cry:

Mch
Last edited by MCH on February 24th, 2011, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby Gold Usher on February 24th, 2011, 5:04 am

I was very surprised to learn last night that Mr Courtney had passed away.

It's hard to lose a good friend especially when there's been such long history as between Tom and Nick.
My thoughts and prayers to Mr Courtney and his family and for all those he's touched with his friendship and love.

"Chap with wings...5 rounds rapid"

Those angels in heaven better watch out...the Brig has arrived.
Gold Usher

Postby Toothy Grin on February 24th, 2011, 10:52 am

If you're thinking of good stories to watch in memory of him I suggest "Inferno" where he plays a dual role, and "Battlefield" his last appearance in the classic series where alot of the focus is on him and Nick gives a wonderful, dignified performance. I'm glad he did a couple of audio stories too - "Spectre of Lanyon Moor" gave him the chance to appear alongside sixth doctor Colin Baker and the recent Companion Chronicle "Old Soldiers" which is soley perfromed by him and is a fitting send off.
Toothy Grin

Postby pattie anne on February 24th, 2011, 4:21 pm

"Chap with wings...5 rounds rapid"

Those angels in heaven better watch out...the Brig has arrived.

indeed!

the brig will get them sorted out and in tip top shape in no time at all.

thanks too for all the n. c. suggestions. must dust off my old doctor whos for this week-end watch.

love, pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tch on February 24th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Seems nicely fitting that one of his last ( if not the last) acting job was on the 'Sarah Jane Adventures'.
It was so cool hearing that distinctive voice and seeing that even pushing eighty he could still stare down boneheaded government workers and evil aliens.
tch

Postby WhoGabe on February 25th, 2011, 10:29 am

I'm still in tears for the news. It's like one of my closest friend had just passed away.
The only consolation is that... he will never be really dead as long as we will watch his performance.
RIP

Gabriella
<<Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time
the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.>>
WhoGabe

Postby Prydonian on February 26th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Whenever I am well enough, and I can get them to come over, my friends and I are planning to watch some Brig-Who in honor of Mr Courtney. i pulled all the DVDS I have with him out of my archives collection, and await the day when we can watch a few of them.
Prydonian

PreviousNext

Return to In Memoriam