The wonderful Nicholas Courtney...

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in February 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.

The wonderful Nicholas Courtney...

Postby John Hughes on February 23rd, 2011, 6:04 pm

Dear Tom,

I apologise immediately, as I know this is designed for "Questions to Tom", and not letters/statements, as such.

However, I just wanted to express my deepest condolences to you - and all in the 'Dr. Who family' - on the loss of your dear friend, Nicholas Courtney.

You will know, sir, just how universally loved he was by the fans, and he will be greatly missed by all.

Thank you so much for the lovely message you posted today; your description of his stoical nature brought a lump to the throat and tears to the eyes.

My very best wishes to you, Tom, at this sad time. Know, please, that Nick and all his friends/family are in my thoughts today, and the thoughts of the entire 'Dr. Who' fan community.

All fondest regards.
John Hughes
John Hughes

Re: The wonderful Nicholas Courtney...

Postby Tom Baker on February 28th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Dear John Hughes,

Sweet words for which I thank you. But remember that film grants immortality; all Nick's lovely qualities are there FOREVER. Film and Telly confers this immortality, all the twinkles and sillinesses are there forever. And those of us who knew and loved him are consoled by that. After all, consolation is what we all seek in the face of disappointment and loss.

I hope you agree.

Tom

PS As you rightly point out, this section is normally for questions, but in the exceptional circumstances of the loss of our dear friend, Nick, I felt you were voicing the feelings of fans and deserved an answer.
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for February 2011