our tom collection

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: our tom collection

Postby pattie anne on November 10th, 2009, 7:10 am

And a hardback copy of Who On Earth is Tom Baker that I stole from Pattie Anne

Dear Lady Fox -

If it is autographed, please send it back. (Though I don't remember it being so.)

But if not, feel free to keep it, as have another copy (paperback) that is (autographed).

Love,
pattie anne
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby milo1164 on December 3rd, 2009, 1:02 am

For years I have wanted a 1/6 scale (12 inch) Fourth Doctor action figure. I was bitterly disappointed when Product Enterprise canceled their figure. A custom figure maker, however, sculpted his own head and created a season 18 costume. I was able to buy the parts and made my own. I love this figure and it's 100% custom made. It's my favorite Tom collectible I have.

milo1164

Postby Marcello Cristiano on December 4th, 2009, 5:24 pm

WOW!!! milo1164, your TOM BAKER figure circa season 18, ROCKS!!! That must have taken a long time to custom make that figure. If that isn't talent, I don't know what is! I wish I had the collections you people have! :cry:
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Malcolm Orr on February 23rd, 2010, 11:42 am

My most treasure Tom item is the 12" prototype figure used by Product Enterprise at toy fairs before it was cancelled. It came out as a statue later though.

Here's a pic of it from the net (before I got it)

Malcolm Orr

Postby Sarah on February 25th, 2010, 6:07 pm

OMG that is awsome. Are any still avaliable? bet I couldn't afford it though :( I like ones with real clothes, not the plastic scarf... I could always crotchet a mini scarf after I finish my full size original. Well not quite original I am not knitting it but can tell? lol I can't knit. It will probably end up draped over the vaccume sealed glass cabnet I am wanting to get to house my collection lol. ATM my collection is just in a cupboard where it won't get dusty.

I am very fussy about faces on statues which is why I have none. I hate it when they put dorky expressions on them.

I am fond of books... I always look for the big old hardcover dr who books. My mother is a legend she found by sheer chance 2 old doctor who picture books, 2 different places about a month apart, in my town that is harder than winning lotto. And they were 60c each!!! One in st vincent de paul shop and one in the library they were selling off old books. One is doctor who 25 glorious years, big hardcover, dust jacket and colour pictures. In near mint condition. The other is 'The monsters' the pages are good but comming away from the cover a bit. But the dust jacket is perfect, sealed in plastic by the library. It has original art in colour through it of the monsters I love it.
I have about half of the Tom Baker era novels, dr who and the daleks book from ebay. The boy who kicked pigs just got it havn't read it yet.
Some of the new series books. Ah and my prize item is the 'offical' annual 2009... yes it is misprinted offical.. it was one of the first out before they realised the stuff up. The misprint is in the spine.
I have a few old magazines from the late 70's early 80's with Tom in them from doctor who, and some badges of Tom as the doctor to put on my scarf when finished. I have the Passionate Pilgrim, Canteburry Tales, some of the Tom Baker years on DVD ngoing collection... manopticon 5 with Tom baker being funny for over 60 minutes... LOVE THAT. Tonnes and tonnes of old photos.

At least I have a lot more left to look forward to collecting! Pattie and Tracy you will have to help me find treasure. I love pirates... parrots... and Tom and I hear all 3 were combined at one point. Not fair I need to see that :( :( that was a cute little yellow fronted amazon I saw on his shoulder in a pic. More pics of that PLEASE!!!!!!
Sarah

Previous

Return to The man himself