please keep warm and safe in this weather

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: please keep warm and safe in this weather

Postby Moderator on February 7th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Dear Pattie -

What a lousy way to have to spend an anniversary ... snowed in. :evil: But then again, maybe not so bad as you are with the one you have loved for so many years. :P Still, make your Harold take you to a nice restaurant when all the snow is gone. ;) And, ta, for sharing the photo from so long ago with all of us. You know, a lot of us here were not even born yet when that photo was taken! :lol:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby pattie anne on February 7th, 2011, 5:27 pm

dear dirk -

ah, thank you, ah, i think. :?

jury duty begins TOMorrow. :P

'moore' snow, ice, sleet and sub zero temps on the way. :shock:

talked to oldest son a bit ago, and he is a middle school princiPAL in our county. ken told us that as of today they have used all their snow days. any 'moore' days after this - which there will be as many roads still impassable - and they have to file a forgiveness of days form, so they are paid by the state, for those days that won't be made up in this school year. salaries and light bills, et. al., still come in each month, even if there is no student in the building.

asked ken if he remembered going to school on saturdays, to make up snow days, when he was in the first or second grade? he said no. well, his momma remembered him being very, very MAD at the TIME missing his cartoon for three weekends! but they don't do this any'moore'. guess a lot of parents were upset with that alternate plan too. :lol:

oh yes, tracy's other birds at the feeder pics. will attend to that right now.

love,
pattie anne :geek:

PS: dear all -

moved all the bird pics to the pet corner. felt they fit better there.

love,
pattie anne

one kind neighbor with his tractor making for us a way out.
Last edited by pattie anne on February 9th, 2011, 6:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Marcello Cristiano on February 7th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Pattie Anne:

Please don't get offended by this, and with all due respect to Harold, this is not a come on :oops: , but you're VERY beautiful! I love your hair, and smile in the photo! Very pretty.

Aww...THOSE BIRDS ARE ADORABLE! Don't you just want to cuddle up with them and give them kisses? I do. :) Cute stuff, Pattie Anne.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby MCH on February 7th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Dear Pattie,

44 years together is awesome! My hubby and I are only at 23. Was that pink cake as good as it looks? Mmmmm.

I saw some deer this morning at a senior center where I carve on Monday's. I wish I would have had my camera.
Be careful out in the weather. And I hope you guys don't get slammed like last time.

Regards,
Mch
MCH

Postby pattie anne on February 9th, 2011, 6:27 pm

dear MCH and marsh-child -

ta, for your very nice comments. :D

oh gee, it's snowing! now THAT is original. :roll:

eight 'moore' inches so far, and it is still coming down. :shock:

our oldest son came over yesterday with his snow-blower and opened our driveway and his grand-gran's driveway so we could all get out, if we choose to. and now it seems it was for 'nuttin' honey.' SNIF

a flock of geese just flew over heading south as fast as their very large wings could carry them. "i told you fred, you turned wrong at wyoming!"

my jury duty was cancelled, also church, and schools, and other non-essential services. :?

welcome to global warming! 8-)

love,
pattie anne

spot the van
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Previous

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart