DVD Audio Commentaries

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in January 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

DVD Audio Commentaries

Postby The Weary Professor on January 11th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Dear Tom,

Since you were Doctor Who's leading man for seven years, and it was primarily upon your shoulders that the public perception of the show rested, it seems perfectly natural that you would be particular and demanding during its day to day production. Unfortunately some of your co-stars and other members of the production team apparently took offense and occasionally make disparaging remarks during some of the DVD commentary tracks in which you do not participate. This strikes me as rather petty, especially all these years later.

Do you have any thoughts on the matter?

With all best wishes for 2011,

The Weary Professor
The Weary Professor

Re: DVD Audio Commentaries

Postby Tom Baker on January 16th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Dear Prof,

I remember some people thought I was impossible and others thought me mad as well. And looking back they are probably right. I have always felt myself to be an alien in a hostile world just like all religious people. This Vale of Tears as they say. We were just waiting for the next world and trying to be sheep. Later, much later, I opted for being a goat, a billy goat AND a silly goat. I was urged not to laugh because Jesus didn't laugh. I was not allowed to do conjuring tricks because it was making fun of his miracles. Also I was not allowed to spin coins because it made the king dizzy. I was urged to think of myself as nothing, as lower than a worm. These convictions made me somewhat unpredictable at times. I never mentioned any of these little details to my fellow actors.

And I offer my apologies for any selfishness during those long gone days.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for January 2011