Tom's Big Finish

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Tom's Big Finish

Postby The Weary Professor on January 9th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Hi all.

Forgive me if someone has posted this already, but on page 7 of the December 2010 issue of Vortex, the Big Finish newsletter, Nicholas Briggs (Dalek voice artist, and Big Finish writer and director) said he was in the midst of doing final rewrites on the first Tom Baker Big Finish audio script.

This means Tom has consented to join the ranks of other former doctors and record new audio adventures for the company for CD and MP3 download--which is very exciting news indeed! He must have enjoyed doing BBC Audio's Hornet's Nest and Demon Quest enough to have finally said yes to Big Finish.

All best,
The Weary Professor
The Weary Professor

Re: Tom's Big Finish

Postby tracy on January 10th, 2011, 10:47 am

:D yes thats great news .tom did also mention that he had decided about it in the question room when he was answering some ones question
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Who dat? on January 10th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Correct Tracy, that was my question and Tom said he has TWO projects in the planning. I wish there was a set of photos issued with the audios of behind the scenes shots. That would be very cool.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby Moderator on January 10th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Dear Who dat? -

Paul Magrs has some on his blog. There are also a couple here on this Website too. And you can always do a search for additional ones people have put up on their websites/blogs/photo journels/etc. elsewhere on the Net. Then when you have "collected" them all, may I suggest you put them in a file on your hard drive and run them as a slide show, as you play Tom's audios. Pattie Anne did something similar to that with all of the "Hornet's Nest" and "Demon Quest" clipart of the CD covers. But she said it didn't really work out too well until she remembered to turn off her Dr Who screen saver. :lol:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby pattie anne on January 10th, 2011, 5:37 pm

dear dirk -

tattletale! :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Prydonian on January 10th, 2011, 10:33 pm

I thought he had done Demon Quest for Big Finish but I guess I was wrong. So both Hornest's Nest and Demon Quest were for BBC Audio? Wow you do learn something new every day! :lol:
Prydonian

Postby The Weary Professor on January 10th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Yes, Demon Quest was also a BBC Audio release. Here in the states, BBC Audio released both Hornet's Nest and Demon Quest as boxed sets months after the U.K. release of the first individual volumes. I couldn't wait and purchased all the single CDs as imports. I suspect many U.S. fans did the same.

Best.
The Weary Professor
The Weary Professor

Postby Prydonian on January 11th, 2011, 2:16 am

I see, thanks! I hope he does do a Big Finish Production. That would be so rad.
Prydonian

Postby The_44th_Doctor on January 13th, 2011, 8:36 am

I can't wait to hear Toms work in the upcoming audio dramas.
Would you care for a Jelly Baby?
The_44th_Doctor

Postby tch on January 14th, 2011, 7:24 pm

And if Tom decides to become a regular Big Finish Doctor, they could do a new 'Five Doctors' story.

If Big Finish does a regular 4th Doctor series who would you guys like to see as companions?

I think my picks would be:
Sarah Jane Smith
Either of the Rommanas and K-9
Leela and K-9
Adric ( Not a huge Adric fan, but I liked the idea of just he and Tom and would like to see more of it. You rarely see just a Doctor and a guy companion)

Though, I'd also be interested to see some new companions too, like they've done for the other Doctors.
tch

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years