Welcome to the Fan Community

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Welcome to the Fan Community

Postby Clara Listensprechen on December 27th, 2010, 6:22 pm

Checking in for the first time since the old forum went kaput. Just now discovering this one, and I have to say that I miss :scarf: among the smilie collection here. Happy Holidays to one and all, and I'm glad to see a new forum albeit months late. :D
Clara Listensprechen

Postby tracy on December 28th, 2010, 11:37 am

:D hi clara welcome to toms dinner table. this is the only website forum tom has had tom owns and runs this one with his wife and 2 other moderaters.if your thinking of the tom baker tv forum tom had nothink to do with that one this is his very first website and its a year old .anyway hope you dont mind me saying.you enjoy your self here take care
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on December 28th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Greetings Clara,

Lol, if there were a smiley with a scarf on here I think I'd were out that part of my IPad screen using it. I know mine wouldn't be the only one as well. It would be fun if there were Doctor Who related icons on here. A TARDIS of course, dalek, cyberman, ood, oops and of course Doctor's. Doc 1 would have wildly fluffy white hair. Doc 2 would have the 'beetle' hair and a flute. Doc 3 would be putting along in an old jalopy. Doc 4 would have a scarf and a big smile. :D doc 5 would have his hat on. Doc 6 would have a rainbow umbrella. Doc 7 would have spoons. Doc 8 um... Long dark hair. Doc 9 big ears ? Doc 10 red sneakers. Doc 11 a bow tie.

What do you think? Lol

Regards,
MC

Regarding Dirks post about smilies.

Thanks for your post and I do understand about copy rites. I was just having a bit of fun imagining what each smiley would look like for each character. My question, what do you think, was evidently poorly aimed. What I meant was, what do you think, about how a smiley would look for each Doctor? Sounds like there already are Doctor smilies. Well, I did say that I was fairly new to the Who-verse and this proves it. ;) I'll have to check them out as I'd like to see them because it would be fun to see what they look like. :D
Last edited by MCH on December 28th, 2010, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby Moderator on December 28th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Dear Clara and Mchulick -

Though we who run this place agree, Doctor Who smilies would be fun, we don't have the right to use them, as they were created by other people. So sadly, we have to be content with what we have here already, and have paid for the use on, our board.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Clara Listensprechen on January 5th, 2011, 5:36 am

That's unfortunate because smilies, by and large, have been regarded as public domain. The ones on this board are used by numerous other board software.

Yes, I was talking about Tom Baker TV forum, and given that they're not associated at all with this site AND its plug has been pulled, I for one don't see any reason why :scarf: smilie couldn't be used. But that's just me, I guess.

Thanks for the warm greetings, everybody! Glad to be here. Tom Baker will always be my favorite Doctor ever (even in spite of David Tennant, ladies!)
===================================
Come to think of it, I should have mentioned that there's a website called Doctor Who Online that has a smilie appropriate for each doctor, but they're kind of hard to tell apart without squinting. Hmmmmm. And it just occurs to me that I do have a copy of :scarf: in my emoticon collection, since I didn't think there was any such thing as smilie copyrights. I won't hotlink it here, but you may view it by sending me a PM and I will respond via PM with the link to my photobucket image.
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on January 6th, 2011, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Moderator on January 5th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Dear Clara -

Having been part of that unofficial Tom Baker website in several dimensions, I know that the two Tom doc smiles they used were not theirs.

Best,

Postby Clara Listensprechen on January 6th, 2011, 12:03 am

Hehehe...I didn't think so. Smilies of all sorts are so ubiquitous that it figures that they're not subject to copyright protections--none of them can be traced back to their original creators and pretty much come from nearly everywhere. There are copyrighted smilies out there, but they're not available for wide distribution, either, and the animated gif smilies covered by copyright have remarks in that regard attached to those files.

Certainly pleased to meet anybody from the .tv website, as I thought that group was an avid, pleasant bunch. The only unpleasant thing about the site was the questionable shop it linked to. Just before it went dark, I recall numerous complaints being made about it. Other than that, I certainly enjoyed fellow fans over there.

Let me guess what the other unoriginal smilie they used was.....I'll bet it was K9!
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Moderator on January 6th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Dear Clara -

"You got it in one!"
Dr Who IV

Though their K9 was but a MODification of another's K9, done by their Forum MODerator, if memory serves me right. Long time ago. Questionable shop :?: I should think so :!: That and the fact they were asked to delete the "Official Website" status from their pages, which BTW they never did do.

Best,

PS: Several of us from the old defunct place actually are here, including (though not limited to): Gold Usher, Jillx, Logan (Prydonian) and pattie anne. [Though I was known there under a different alias.]

D. G.

Postby jaybee on January 6th, 2011, 4:32 pm

Moderator wrote:
PS: Several of us from the old defunct place actually are here, including (though not limited to): Gold Usher, Jillx, Logan (Prydonian) and pattie anne. [Though I was known there under a different alias.]

D. G.

Plus... me, Madgoth, Wombat, and MarcelloCristiano
jaybee

Postby pattie anne on January 6th, 2011, 4:36 pm

dear jaybee -

you just beat me. (just got through reading TOM's Members List.) :lol:

good show! :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :geek:

ps: also ... Mouser -PeterDalek- anthonydpmann -LadyFoxMcCloud- SteveH -TardisCarpenter- harryfielder -TheCheshirecat- tomishot -MissZygon- That-scarf-girl -TheWatcher-

PA

2PS: and my apologies to anyone i overlooked. and/or have missed as they have a new or different name here.

P
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome