A new Doctor Who show

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

A new Doctor Who show

Postby MCH on December 25th, 2010, 6:54 am

I saw on tv today that around 1pm set there will be some kind of Doctor Who concert. Matt Smith will be there. The show will have a full orchestra playing tunes from all the shows and movie. Could be fun !

Anyone heard of this?

And Matt Smith will be on the Grahmn Norton show tomorrow. Gotta love his cute lil' ol' bow tie ! ;) I wonder if he'll have the fez on as well, lol.

Enqueeries galore !
MC
MCH

Re: A new Doctor Who show

Postby tch on December 25th, 2010, 6:20 pm

The musical thing is 'Doctor Who at the Proms' and they did one with David Tennant that was very cool and included as an extra on the Specials' DVD set.

I'd like to watch the Matt Smith interview, but Graham Norton annoys the hell out of me.
I did see the Matt Smith episode of 'Craig Ferguson and that was a lot of fun.
tch

Postby MCH on December 25th, 2010, 7:44 pm

I am recording the "proms" program now. Can't watch it now because I'm busy baking goodies for a party later.

I'd LOVE to see a traveling "Doctor Who" orchestra program like the one for the "Lord of the Rings". That was totally awesome! It came here to Atlanta, GA. And played at the "Fox" theatre which is small but has great acustics.

I can't wait to see the new Who episode tonight.

I'm all jazzed up today as it is actually snowing on Christmas day !!! I haven't seen snow on Christmas down here since, well.... Forever.

Regards,
MC
MCH

Postby donnarose on January 8th, 2011, 2:22 am

I would like to see a version of the Proms come to the US as well.

In July we attended "Star Wars in Concert, because even though we do like "Star Wars," it was the closest thing to something like "The Proms" we could get to.

As I say a lot on Facebook, we live on the wrong continent. :D
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby MCH on January 8th, 2011, 3:05 am

I was very impressed with the Proms program and would LOVE to see a production of it.
I never saw a Star Wars show. The traveling Lord of the Rings concert was so good. There were no characters walking around though. Wouldn't that have been a hoot! Oh but the music and the singing.
One interesting thing I noticed during the show was how a sound was made during the Orc themes. There was a grand piano off to one side that had the top off to expose the strings. A man standing there had rolls of heavy chain link chains in each hand. He would knock the chains against the strings making a semi-musical, clanging sound. Pretty cool.

MC
MCH

Re: A new TORCHWOOD show

Postby MCH on June 30th, 2011, 8:58 pm

There is a new TORCHWOOD show coming up soon. Well, one that I have never seen.
Miracle Day is the name. Previously titled, the new world. It comes out on starz satellite channel July 8th.

MCH
MCH

Postby tch on July 1st, 2011, 12:44 am

If the Matt Smith Proms is half as entertaining as the Tennant one was it's well worth seeing.
The Tennant Proms was a bonus on one of the season DVD sets and it was great. Excellent music, lots of guest stats and tons of kids in the audience.
My kids love Who, but it's not the big deal here that it is in the UK.

As for Torchwood, I'm done with it.
Glad to see John Barrowman is still working, but after 'Children of Earth', I've decided it's time for me to move on.
Would love to see Captain Jack meet Matt Smith's Doctor.
tch

Postby MCH on July 1st, 2011, 2:28 am

Or what Rory would think of Captain Jack around Amy, lol.

As for the TORCHWOOD show. I lost interest when the doctor couldn't die but had parts falling off or whatever. That was just too goofy IMHO. It was pretty funny how they would run around in black. And all those funny lights around the suv, lol. The best thing was watching Captain Jack.

MCH
MCH

Postby tch on July 1st, 2011, 4:31 pm

I'd love to see Captain Jack become a sort of 'Brig' character for the new show and meet every Doctor.
My fear that instead, River Song will become that character.

I'll keep hoping, because I need my Captain Jack fix, but just can't take anymore Torchwood.
tch

Postby MCH on July 1st, 2011, 4:53 pm

I thought it was fun to watch Rose tease the Doctor because Captian Jack had better toys.
The Doctor really loves his sonic, lol.
MCH
MCH

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music