the boy who kicked pigs audio

"Who On Earth is Tom Baker?" & "The Boy Who Kicked Pigs"

Moderator: Moderator

the boy who kicked pigs audio

Postby tracy on November 9th, 2010, 2:36 pm

:D hy ive just downloaded toms new version of the boy who kicked pigs but with the help of a guy called brant from silksound books as i payed for it then called them to tell them that it hadnt shown up on my laptop thought it might be me not doing it right .so he asked to log in and he took controll and hy presto its now on my computer .all i need to do now is get it onone of my discs but it willbe ok on my laptop till then .thanks to the guy at silksound books
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: the boy who kicked pigs audio

Postby Moderator on November 27th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Dear Tracy -

Great, good news. Yes, this would be a perfect Christmas present for all of your "Tom circle of Friends."

HINT-HINT-HINT

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on November 27th, 2010, 3:07 pm

wish i could dirk only i had a go at down loading some think on my own and messed it up.the guy who helped me down load the boy who kicked pigs took over my computer to do it .and as im not that technally minded i dont think im going to try any more .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Who dat? on March 20th, 2012, 2:00 pm

Back in the day I won a copy of the audio book in Toms trivia contest. Let me tell you it's a great and funny story. I just happened on a wonderful piece of news on another Who type website. The book is being adapted for the stage. It's world premiere will be at The Lowry arts and entertainment venue at Salford Quays, Greater Manchester, this June.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby tracy on March 22nd, 2012, 10:15 am

:D yes i hear some thing about that the book was going to be adapted i wonder what tom thinks also they should give him the royoltys for that and let him be part of it :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Theta Sigma on January 29th, 2014, 1:57 am

I recently listened to the audiobook and Tom read superbly his book with a very eerie feel to it.
It sure feels very hard to like the protagonist Robert Caligari but the way he has been written by Tom was well done especially how Robert has his detestation of people and the denouement felt like something that Robert truly deserves.

The interview was very enjoyable.
It definitely resonated with me when Tom in writing the book says an influence to it was with adults thinking they know what children should be thinking. This resonated with me because from personal experience my life would have turned out differently if the principal of the high school I went to hadn’t said the wrong thing to me.
The Doctor Who bits in the interview was also quite interesting to listen to including recounting a line in Genesis of the Daleks.
Theta Sigma

Return to Talk about Tom’s books