Arise, Sir Tom

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Arise, Sir Tom

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 24th, 2010, 12:41 pm

It's about bloody time Tom Baker was knighted!

There are several generations who grew up inspired by his Doctor, and believing that wit and intelligence could ultimately win the day, rather than violence. What a perfect role model he was as the Doctor.

I'm not sure he would accept it, but the powers that be need to give Tom the honour he deserves. What say you?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Arise, Sir Tom

Postby Who dat? on November 24th, 2010, 3:08 pm

I believe a question was put to Mr. Baker some time ago regarding if he would accept a Knighthood if offered. A little web searching will find that there are several "petitions" already going around to do this very thing, at least one with over 100 signatures. Of course everyone here, if I may be so bold, feels it would be a shoe in and should already be a fact. And, as stated by Mr. Tom Himself, just to add to the fray there is already a Sir Tom Baker. He is a tailor in Soho.
Still, it's a grand idea worthy of effort. I don't know if there is any "official" way to pursue it.
Reason for edit: A little more searching has found that there is an official method to have someone honored. Perhaps someone on that side of the pond initiating the effort would carry more weight than one from this side.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby tracy on November 24th, 2010, 5:10 pm

:D yes i agree tom deserves a knighthood he is a legend
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby donnarose on November 24th, 2010, 11:18 pm

I am unfamiliar with how one does become knighted. How is this decided upon? :?:
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Marcello Cristiano on November 24th, 2010, 11:34 pm

I remember signing a petition online for TOM to be knighted about a year ago. Mine was a paragraph long, listing why he should be knighted. Hopefully all our signatures here, and signatures of TOM fans all over the world in all the petitions, will make it happen. TOM is very deserving of this honour indeed.

Graceful Leonard hit the nail right on the head. TOM's Doctor was indeed a great role model. His Doctor taught me all that Leonard has listed, as well as being happy in being myself. TOM's Doctor made me feel that it was and still is O.K. to be different and to be passionate.

LOVE YOU, TOM.
:)

P.S. THANK YOU to all of TOM's fans for signing petitions. Hopefully all our best efforts will make this happen. You people are truly wonderful, and are true BAKERites.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby The_44th_Doctor on January 11th, 2011, 9:18 am

Since I live in the USA, am I able to vote on Tom being knighted?
Would you care for a Jelly Baby?
The_44th_Doctor

Postby tracy on January 11th, 2011, 11:46 am

thas a shame i cant see why they cant let the fans who live abroad sign
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to The man himself