Gimmicky Gadgets

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in November to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Gimmicky Gadgets

Postby Toothy Grin on November 19th, 2010, 10:29 am

Hello Tom,

When you were Doctor Who you once said never to trust gimmicky gadgets. Do you have any favourite little gadget or do you hold the same view as the Doctor and avoid them?

Good health and best wishes,

from Mark.
Toothy Grin

Re: Gimmicky Gadgets

Postby Tom Baker on November 22nd, 2010, 12:31 pm

Mark,

When I was the Doctor I mostly said what the writers wrote. I could love or hate anything from one moment to another. But people have often noticed how often I contradict myself. When I read the Bible, and I often do, I enjoy the Genesis scenes when, with everything just perfect, the girl, Eve, threw it all away for an apple. So to answer your question, I too have given up nearly everything for an APPLE. And my APPLE is at the very CORE of my life. A man without an APPLE is a poor wretch indeed. Without my Apple I would not be answering your question, Mark. So get an APPLE, Mark and be happy and regular. The meaning of life is an apple. Isaac Newton would have told me that if the writers on Doctor Who had written it up. And I could have posed the question: "Isaac", I would have said, "What's it all about?" And he would have said, "An Apple, Doctor, that's what it's all about, and don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. And especially avoid PC."

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for November 2010