Moderator: Moderator

Re: our tom collection

Postby tracy on November 1st, 2009, 9:25 pm

must have been painfull :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby merlinsseer on November 2nd, 2009, 12:28 am

LOL- I didn't mind him reading the book, he evn asked if he could ( i encourage reading , a very good habit ), but after that he discovered the joy of reading copies and treated as if they were fine china- he didn't even crease the spines. :lol:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby Captain Rum on November 2nd, 2009, 4:46 am

Got all the Dr Who dvds with Tom in
Dr Who action figure
2 signed books of "Who On Earth Is Tom Baker?"
The Boy Who Kicked Pigs book
Hornet's Nest cds

It's quality over quantity for me, I would collect more and I'm sure I have other Tom-related stuff but I have loads of hobbies and therefore my spare money gets split amongst them all (my flat is like a stockroom :lol: ) and you can never get everything you want....although I've met the man in person and that's more than good enough for me :P
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby LadyFoxMcCloud on November 2nd, 2009, 6:09 am

My present collection:

A folder of images printed off by Ms. Pattie Anne.
All episodes of Fort Boyard given to me by a friend of mine.
And a hardback copy of Who On Earth is Tom Baker that I stole from Pattie Anne under the pretense of reading it but shamefully have not gotten around to it. Sorry PA...remember to email me if you want it back.
For the love of God, can't we love one another just a little - that's how peace begins. We have so much to love each other for. We have such possibilities, my children. We could change the world. -The Lion in Winter
LadyFoxMcCloud

Postby tracy on November 2nd, 2009, 11:10 am

:D ive orderd my 3rd hornets nest disc from the stamp shop so when its in they will send it to me cant wait.2.10.09.my tom mug came today very nice custom made but was suprized of how it was as it wasnt the same as it looked on ebay but when sent them a messege to say they said it was just how it was took when kieron sorts out for me to get pictures on here i will show you
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on November 2nd, 2009, 11:05 pm

Ah yes, the virtual treasure chest that is E-Bay, I've been online for over 5 years but have only used E-Bay in the last few weeks.....37 items later you could say I've become addicted....within my financial limits of course :P No, it's really been a case of thinking of what I want and I want again....the latter being stuff I had as a kid but got lost in my 36 years on this blue marble....it's a great way of finding stuff and as long as you stick to the limits you impose on yourself it's great fun!!
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby jaybee on November 3rd, 2009, 1:49 am

Let's see:

I have all of Tom's Who episodes on DVD -- some I've bought and some I've grabbed from TV.
I have Who on Earth is Tom Baker? in soft cover and personally signed for me 3 years ago by The Man Himself.
I have The Boy Who Kicked Pigs, signed when I bought it, but I suspect the signature might be a forgery.
I also have both books in audio form, read by Tom.
I have a poster personally signed.
I have the first volume of Hornet's Nest personally signed.
I've got the second volume of Hornet's Nest and the rest of it on order.
I have the fabulous Captain Rum episode of Black Adder.
I have She-Devil on DVD.
I have all of Tom's episodes of Fort Boyard
I have a copy of Towards Zero
And last, but certainly not least, my second favourite of his portrayals, I have The Silver Chair with Tom as Puddleglum.

I try not to collect "stuff" (dust collectors, etc.) because I don't have room for it.

Oh, I forgot. I have two copies of a magazine that PBS was giving away with memberships one year many years ago: BBC Doctor Who 20th Anniversary Special.
jaybee

Postby Jedi Princess on November 6th, 2009, 1:48 pm

I have all of the 4th Doctor DVDs that have been released, several DWM with him on the cover or with stuff about him in it, two Tom DW books (Millenium Shock and Corpse Marker), the Pyramids of Mars audio cd, and about a million pictures (all unsigned, alas).
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby pattie anne on November 7th, 2009, 10:48 pm

too bad you don't know of someone to send your most FAVouritE one to, so they can hand deliver it to HIM and have HIM officially autograph it.
Last edited by pattie anne on February 27th, 2010, 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 8th, 2009, 7:31 pm

or if you dont mind, jedi, and tom dont mind you can send them to me as im going to the sfx weekender in feb so i could ask tom if he wouldnt mind signing them then i can send back to you if you get to read this let me know and i will pm you my address and you do the same if thats ok by you
tracy with out the E
tracy

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself