Popularity

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in October to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Popularity

Postby Toothy Grin on October 8th, 2010, 6:33 pm

Hello Tom,

Do you find yourself still surprised by the continued popularity of your role as Dr Who, especially by todays younger fans who weren't even born when the series ended? I recently overheard a couple of 9 year olds saying they thought you were the best Doctor ever!

Best wishes,

Mark
Toothy Grin

Re: Popularity

Postby Tom Baker on November 1st, 2010, 2:11 pm

Dear Mark,

I suppose film and TV confers a sort of immortality on the actors, eh? I mean that all the great film stars are still alive as far as their work is concerned.

Not so with the theatre. I once had a notice in the local paper which said: "Tom Baker's performance is so bad you must go and see it". And they did come but so what? Nobody remembers now. Another thing is the sheer quantity of repeats. I must add that playing the Doctor was the happiest time of my life and the memories make me laugh joyously still. They were very happy days. I'm off to see the Brigadier in a couple of days. Nick is the most beloved of all the characters from those days.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for October 2010