The Seeds of Doom coming in 2011

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The Seeds of Doom coming in 2011

Postby tracy on October 10th, 2010, 6:49 pm

no sorry dont know im waiting for the dvd to come out at the stamp shop cant wait
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby That-scarf-girl on October 11th, 2010, 2:15 am

I'm not even sure if it is true, but I heard a rumour Tom would be in the Christmas special this year. Can anyone hlp me if it is just nonsense, or if there is any truth to this rumour.
On a related topic, I certainly hope he will come back to Doctor Who, (Like what Peter Davidson did with David Tennant).

Also, if anyone here watches the Sarah Jane adventures, I heard that Jo Grant will be coming back with Matt Smith as the Doctor as well! :D
An apple a day keeps the Doctor away,
But if the Doctor is cute, then bugger the fruit!
That-scarf-girl

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 11th, 2010, 2:38 am

Hi that scarf girl! :D Not only will Matt Smith, Katy Manning and K-9 be on the episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures, but so will the writing of Russell T Davies. I'm ecstatic by this news! I already love Matt Smith's Doctor, and I adore Russell T Davies' writing as well. The return of Jo Grant should be interesting and I'm sure bring a lot of tears of joy to the eyes of Pertwee era fans.

As for TOM returning for the Christmas special, it's probably just a rumour, but I hope he is allowed to take part, as I'm dying to see TOM with that lovely scarf again. It's what hardcore fans of the classic series want more than anything. Someone has got to ask TOM if there's any truth to the rumours of his return on screen in the Questions to TOM section. If he does return, he'll no doubt steal the show. :D Fingers crossed on his return in a nice two or three parter.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Graceful Leonard on October 22nd, 2010, 11:34 am

Happy Friday, folks.

For those interested in the Seeds of Doom extras, I found the below details. I've linked to the page because I didn't think it would be fair to post the entire content here...

http://www.kasterborous.com/2010/09/07/the-seeds-of-doom-on-dvd/
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on October 22nd, 2010, 6:25 pm

:D i ordered my seeds of doom dvd today from the stamp shop paul said as soon as it comes in he will post it off to me and i thanked him for my demon quest audio part 2 that arrived yesterday
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby harryfielder on October 22nd, 2010, 7:56 pm

tracy wrote::D i ordered my seeds of doom dvd today from the stamp shop paul said as soon as it comes in he will post it off to me and i thanked him for my demon quest audio part 2 that arrived yesterday

Keep yer eye out for a young Aitch,....lol
harryfielder

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 22nd, 2010, 8:12 pm

WELCOME BACK, HARRY!!! :) It's always a real pleasure to have you around! I wish you nothing but the best. I can't wait to own 'The Seeds of Doom' in 2011! I can't wait to hear TOM's commentary with Lis. Those two are the wittiest and funniest tandom for commentaries. :D :lol: THANKS FOR STOPPING BY, HARRY! Hope to see you again soon. :mrgreen:
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on October 23rd, 2010, 10:27 am

wont be long before the others are out as well
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby DSaunders96 on October 24th, 2010, 1:48 pm

tch wrote:The Krynoid were a cool monster. Shame they were never brought back.

I'll add them to my 'wish list' for the new show. Right behind Ice Warriors and Yeti.

Well, they were brought back for 3 audios. 2 BBV ones not featuring the Doctor - they're pretty rare, andd there's a Big Finish one which is still available now featuring Paul McGann's 8th Doctor called Hothouse (that one is a sequel to the Seeds of Doom).
DSaunders96

Postby Graceful Leonard on November 2nd, 2010, 12:19 pm

Finally got around to watching this yesterday, and I'd forgotten quite how good it was. Excellent stuff!

"Well, your candour does you credit." :lol:
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years