Tom's Answers Seem A Bit Rushed

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom's Answers Seem A Bit Rushed

Postby philipdalton on October 20th, 2010, 12:50 pm

He doesn't seem to have the time to give the proper answers to many questions.
In one month somebody asked him if he liked classical music and he replied saying what his favourite piece by Mozart was.
However, when I asked him the same question this month he responded simply by saying he knew nothing about music.
It seems he's just putting in the first thing that comes into his head in order to save time.
Still, in these modern times we're all a bit rushed I suppose.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Re: Tom's Answers Seem A Bit Rushed

Postby tracy on October 20th, 2010, 3:27 pm

tom doesnt rush his answers . thats how tom is he loves to answer with his own style and adds some fun to his answers when he wants so we never know what tom will say which is fun
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 20th, 2010, 3:42 pm

We can't forget TOM is a very busy man. So if it seems like is answers are rushed(I don't think they are), we are lucky to even get a chance to pose questions and get an answer from THE MAN every month. I'm extremely ecstatic with all the answers TOM has given all of us all these months. I feel lucky and privileged that TOM even answers my questions. His answers to mine, personally, have more than satisfied me. I love TOM so much. He's a true class act to answer questions from fans. He really loves his fans and it's a wonderful feeling. THANK YOU TOM! You are the best! :)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Who dat? on October 20th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Oh my, this kind of post just riles me up!
Tom always gives proper answers to the questions. It's just a matter of what is considered proper.
Perhaps he gave the short answer to your music question specifically because it's been asked before.
If I asked Him if He liked something and He responded with a simple "No" I would consider the question fully answered.
I've typed and deleted about ten statements so I'd better quit before I get banned!
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby jaybee on October 20th, 2010, 4:45 pm

I don't think there was anything wrong or rushed with his answer to your question philipdalton.

I can't tell you what sort of music I like because I like all sorts and have no idea which genre each belongs to. I like a lot of popular music, but I can't tell you the names of the songs or who sings them. I suspect Tom is the same. I think that classical is another kettle of fish entirely. I know what I like (not much, but there are a few pieces). Your question tried to pin him down to a particular genre. Maybe, like me and a lot of other people in the world, he just doesn't have a particular genre that he favours.
jaybee

Postby pattie anne on October 21st, 2010, 4:29 pm

dear philipdalton -

rushed? oh dear, i don't think so. but if it will make you feel better, here is a short list of Our Mister TOM's favourite type tunes:

Classical Music:
#1 -- Verdi
Mozart
Bach
Beethoven

Music (Other):
the occasional rock concert
country music of the USA

and these items are from a larger and longer list of "Tom Baker's Favourite Things" that was complied over my many years, as a TOM/doc fan, and comes from several different sources. so if you would like a copy of the entire list just PM me.

best,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Moderator on October 21st, 2010, 4:42 pm

And I have seen that list too, Pattie Anne. :mrgreen: It is very impressive.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 21st, 2010, 5:29 pm

Me too! :D I printed it out back in 2001. I printed so many TOM interviews and goodies Pattie Anne has compiled over the years. I stapled them together and keep them as a neat reference.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby pattie anne on October 21st, 2010, 9:37 pm

dear MOD and marshchild -

gee fellas, ta. :D

but can't see much point in having one of the largest TOM/doc collections in the world, if i couldn't share it with other fans from TIME to TIME. :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby philipdalton on October 22nd, 2010, 9:51 am

I realise now I shouldn't have made myself sound like such a chronic complainer. My apologies.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Next

Return to The man himself