Growing up with Tom!

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Growing up with Tom!

Postby stratty115 on October 9th, 2010, 1:06 am

I grew up with Tom Baker as the Doctor and I don't know about anyone else but no-one before or after added as much drama, excitement or realism to the role as Tom. If it were up to me and probably most people who love Doctor Who, when the Doctor next regenerates it should be back to Tom. He could still add the drama, excitement and much needed eccentricity the real Doctor needs, not forgetting that voice. Bring him back I say!!!! Love you Tom you're the boy!!! :D
stratty115

Re: Growing up with Tom!

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 9th, 2010, 4:00 am

Dear stratty115:

I agree. It would be neat if the Doctor instead of regenerating forward into a new body, that he regenerates backwards into his fourth body. For me it doesn't matter if TOM is 76 because he can still do it. Just listen to Hornet's Nest and it is crystal clear that TOM hasn't lost a step. He even said "I've never been away" in reference to the audio's that have allowed him to return to Doctor Who. To explain the fact that TOM has white hair now, they(the makers of the show) can just say there was some sort of time distortion that caused the Doctor to regenerate into his past self. They did it for Peter Davison's Doctor, so they can do the same for TOM. Also TOM's voice has not aged at all. Listening to the audios, you would think that TOM has been frozen in his 40's. Even if he is not brought back as The Doctor by the makers of the new show, they could at least bring him back as The Master. I know TOM himself has said he would love to play The Master. Now that they've used Derek Jacobi and John Simm, it's time for TOM to play The Master. Of course nothing would beat TOM in returning as The Doctor.

It's a pleasure to meet you, stratty115! :) I know you will enjoy your time here. Let this forum and the site take you on a magic carpet ride or rather TARDIS trip with TOM and friends to a world of FUN!

Sincerely,

Marcello
:)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on October 9th, 2010, 10:11 am

yeah i grew up with tom seen tom in other tv and films .met him .so ive been a loyol fan from the beginning .when tom left dr who so did i ive not seen it since .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby tch on October 9th, 2010, 7:32 pm

While I love all the Doctors ( "Wonderful Chap! All of them."), I think everyone has a soft spot for their first Doctor, and Tom was mine.
In fact, for years, he was the only Doctor PBS was showing. It blew my young little mind the first time I saw a Jon Pertwee episode or when they finally got around to showing 'Logopolis.'

Would love to see Tom show up on the new show, I really don't work with him as the Doctor.
I still think he'd make a cool villain. A mad scientist or maybe the voice of a computer.
tch

Postby That-scarf-girl on October 11th, 2010, 2:20 am

Oh my gosh i must admit, i may be only 16, but I have fallen in love with his voice! :D I say he should be brought back in any role, any at all. After all, he is THE Doctor. Even though the first doctor I remember was David Tennant, Tom Baker is MY Doctor.
(In an ABC shop, I saw a Tom Baker tin lunchbox, what was worse was that my dad had just bought me a new episode, so I couldn't get it.

Your Friend Down Under,
Samantha
An apple a day keeps the Doctor away,
But if the Doctor is cute, then bugger the fruit!
That-scarf-girl

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 11th, 2010, 2:46 am

Oh I love those retro tin lunchboxes! Especially ones that come with a thermos. Here in Canada I can only dream of finding a TOM BAKER lunchbox. Although there is a comic book shop in Toronto that gets a lot of Doctor Who memorabilia in general. So hopefully one day I'll see the TOM tin lunchbox there. :)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years