Monk Grigori Rasputin in the 1971 movie Nicholas And Alexa

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Monk Grigori Rasputin in the 1971 movie Nicholas And Alexa

Postby JulietCatherine on November 7th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Okay, I was in high school when one of my history teacher decided to have her students watch the 1971 movie Nicholas and Alexandra, because her students were in that subject in her class, and I was one of her students. That was my first experience with that movie, but not with Tom Baker. Well, I became fascinated by Tom Baker's portrayal of Monk Grigori Rasputin (by the way, I thought they spelled it Gregory not Grigori). Well, I have been a fan of Tom Baker, for years before that though, from his role as Doctor Who in the television series with the same name. I was born on June 13, 1972, in Houston Texas. And I still live in Houston. It sadden me when the three men killed Monk Grigori Rasputin, not because they were killing Rasputin, but I was a fan of Tom Baker. By the way, I thought Tom Baker's portrayal of Rasputin was excellent though.

:cry: :D
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Re: Monk Grigori Rasputin in the 1971 movie Nicholas And Alexa

Postby merlinsseer on November 7th, 2009, 5:55 pm

JulietCatherine wrote: It sadden me when the three men killed Monk Grigori Rasputin, not because they were killing Rasputin, but I was a fan of Tom Baker. By the way, I thought Tom Baker's portrayal of Rasputin was excellent

He should have been showered with golden globes for this portrayal, he gave Rasputin a true human face in this movie and in the end you almost feel sorry for the monster in the way he was killed. Put down like a rabid dog in an ally ( shudders )
Last edited by merlinsseer on November 19th, 2009, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby JulietCatherine on November 7th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Well, you had said it! You said a mouthful. You only speak the truth.

:!:
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby merlinsseer on November 7th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Well, you had said it! You said a mouthful. You only speak the truth.

:!:

I did ? lol i have been known to yabber on sometimes and make no sense at all, so i'm glad this time i did :lol:
Last edited by merlinsseer on November 19th, 2009, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
merlinsseer

Postby JulietCatherine on November 7th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Tom Baker and I share one the same together, we love animals.

Juliet
Houston Texas USA

:shock:
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby merlinsseer on November 7th, 2009, 6:21 pm

same here -i have a house full, one of which is now blocking the puter screen with his tail :lol: ( the rabid dog thing was simply a way to express the horrible way he was killed - no animal cruelty intended )
merlinsseer

Postby JulietCatherine on November 7th, 2009, 6:24 pm

I have 5 beautiful cats myself, but they live outside!

Juliet
Houston Texas USA
:idea:
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby merlinsseer on November 7th, 2009, 6:30 pm

Mine would love to be outside, but bad things seem to happen to outside cats around here. Not too long ago someone murdered our next door neighbors mother cat and her kitten. There are some sick, sick souls out there.
merlinsseer

Postby JulietCatherine on November 7th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Before, I go take a short nap! I wanted to post this message. I was thinking about the Tom Baker's look when he portrayed Rasputin, when one of the men at the party, where they decide to kill Rasputin, goes and grabs a gay looking guy, and had him dress like a woman, and when the two men started to dance, and then I believe, the one that wasn't dressed like a woman, fell to the floor laughing, and Rasputin started to stare at the man dressed as a woman, while he was dancing alone, and Tom Baker's face looked mad (crazy), and his eyes were wide, he looked MAD like a crazy person. And Rasputin started to dance with the man dressed like a woman, and then tore off the dress off the man, and fell to the floor. Some reason, I am fascinated in this scene. I think the entire scene where Rasputin is at the party (the party where the three men decide to kill Rasputin) is fascinating! I think all the lines and scenes they had Tom Baker do, were so fabulous. And he talented shown well!

Juliet
Houston Texas USA
:o
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby pattie anne on November 7th, 2009, 11:56 pm

TOM and Sue lost a cat that way. Let me see if i can find that old file. Ah, here it is:

Very sad news to report about our Alfie. Last November (1987) Alfie disappeared. He was found by our Master and our Mistress at a crossroads just 200 yards away. The autopsy revealed that he'd been shot at point-blank range. The Master and the Mistress were, needless to say, devastated and dreaded for some time there might be a cat hater in the region. But fortunately that wasn't the case. Just a random ... senseless ... cruel act.

As for TOM's role as Rasputin, almost believe TOM was "possessed" by the spirit of Grigori, as the portrayal was just so down right believable. This is not to say I don't belive that TOM is a superb actor, as HE is, but that part was just down right spookie, on a variety of levels.
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Next

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles