Desktop backgrounds...what's on your computer?

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

Desktop backgrounds...what's on your computer?

Postby Gold Usher on October 5th, 2010, 10:58 pm

Just a random question here for everyone...

What's the image on your desktop?

Surely no one is staring at the original Windows material....

So what pleasing image does your computer welcome you with when you sit down?

Mine is a post card from 1910 of Deering Oaks in Portland Maine. It's a public park that was designed by Ohlmstead who did New York's Central Park. The post card is of the lovely stone bridge (still there) and a little watercourse underneath it to the duck pond and is carpeted either side with flowers and birch trees.
Gold Usher

Re: Desktop backgrounds...what's on your computer?

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 5th, 2010, 11:22 pm

My desktop background is Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor with his arms folded and Billie Piper as Rose Tyler emerging from The TARDIS beside him. The picture is set up against a white void-like backdrop. I've had this wallpaper for quite a while. Before this one I was changing my wallpaper pretty much weekly. After I exhaust the Eccles' and Piper wallpaper, I'll probably go back to a TOM one or a David Tennant one.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on October 6th, 2010, 9:31 am

:D mine is of tom and me from the milton keynes collectermania in may this year
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Who dat? on October 6th, 2010, 1:51 pm

Mine is a photo of my left retina taken at my last eye exam. The optic nerve center is just above and left of center and all the blood vessels are clearly seen making what look like roads emanating from a central township.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby Moderator on October 6th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Mine is of The Eleven Doctors, changed last year, was it? :? from The Ten Doctors.

Shows you how often I change my screensaver. :lol:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby pattie anne on October 6th, 2010, 4:54 pm

wow! what a coincidence! so is mine. (the 11 docs.) :mrgreen:

but i am changing mine all the TIME. 8-)

yesterday it was of all the Star Trek captains and their ships. :P

and a few days before that it was of TOM looking at two different issues of the Dr Who magazine. it was a manip i did, from two different photos, and i was very pleased with how it turned out. tagged it with a "somethings change ... somethings remain." and probably will put it back in a few 'moore' days now, as i am not long without TOM being up there in one manifestation or the other. :D

also, long TIME ago did a couple of other TOM screen savers, one of WYVERN, and the other of HIS DC visit. :geek:

love,
pattie anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby jaybee on October 6th, 2010, 6:38 pm

Gosh, I guess I'm the boring one.

Mine is a duck. When I got my new camera in 2006, I went to a local riverfront park to test it out. I was standing on a little island, taking pictures of fish in the water when I heard a very quiet quack behind me. I turned my body to look and there was a little mallard female right at my heels. She was quacking softly to her mate who was hidden in a bush behind her, sitting on the nest. She didn't seem afraid of me, so I took the opportunity to take a picture of her.

I was so impressed with the picture that I made it my wallpaper. I've tried a few others since, but they only last a day or two and then I go back to my duck. So, it's pretty much been the same for the last 4 years.
jaybee

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 6th, 2010, 10:41 pm

The duck sounds cute, JayBee! :) Yours is definately not boring. You took the picture yourself. Whereas most of us here just took pictures off the Internet. Yours is more original.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Marcello Cristiano

Postby That-scarf-girl on October 6th, 2010, 11:37 pm

My desktop picture on my school laptop (Yes, the govt gave us computers) was not designed as a wallpaper, I just fitted an image to the screen. It is of Tom and Elisabeth, with Toms scarf also wrapped around her. It is an absolutely beautiful picture, in black and white. Maybe I can show it to you guys later when I work out how to on this laptop. :mrgreen:
An apple a day keeps the Doctor away,
But if the Doctor is cute, then bugger the fruit!
That-scarf-girl

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 7th, 2010, 1:16 am

I know what picture you're talking about, Scarf Girl. I remember sending a small version of it to TOM in the mail along with some Oscar Wilde books. I sent them to Tree Root Productions. Hopefully they reached TOM. I sent him three different packages back in 2000 and 2001. Like I said, hopefully TOM received them. I even sent TOM a pen and ink drawing of a Squirrel I did as a possible companion just for a laugh. :lol: :D Hopefully TOM liked the packages, but it was so long ago.

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Marcello Cristiano

Next

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart