How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Postby Danny Fullbrook on August 13th, 2010, 8:46 pm

How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors? Share your thoughts!

First Doctor: I think he would be annoyed by the First Doctors grumpiness and "I'm-very-important" personality. I think it would be funny to see them arguing

Second Doctor: I can imagine these two just sitting down and playing the flute together. The world could be coming to an end but The Fourth Doctor must prove he can still play Three-Blind-Mice.

Third Doctor: I think the Third Doctor would tease the Fourth Doctor a lot. Remember in the five Doctors when The Third Doctor said "Teeth and Curls? Well I haven't changed yet". I think it would be a really interesting dynamic.

Fourth Doctor: The plot would go nowhere as they both stand still staring at each-other repeating "Oh", "AH!" and "Hello"

Fifth Doctor: I always got the impression the fifth Doctor was a coward. I imagine he would be dominated by the fourth Doctors personality and bossed around like Adric.

Sixth Doctor: Six would keep bad mouthing poor old four. "Look at your stupid hair! And stupid clothes" I can imagine being one of his ironic insults. But at the end of it all they would save the day and four will pull a HILARIOUS joke on Six to teach him a lesson.

Seventh Doctor: I haven't seen a lot of this Doctor but I think they would get along.

Eighth Doctor: It would be a disaster. He would keep telling his past-self his future and kissing Romana. Maybe even K9.

Ninth Doctor: Would be pretty emotional. Nine is still upset after the loss of his race and now he has to try his hardest to avoid changing it all. If four didn't go back in time to stop Davros, then the time war may never happen, and the time lords would still be alive. Nine would probably avoid four as much as he could to avoid disaster but in the end Four will give nine a new out look on the universe. And maybe tell him to go back and tell the pretty blonde "It travels in time". Which would be FANTASTIC.

Tenth Doctor: When Ten met five it was Ten going all fan-girl. I imagine something similar would happen. But four would continue to get into trouble and mess things up and make them worse causing a bit of a clash between the two. After-all, Ten works better when he's on his own. It's why he spent so long without a companion. Ten would start trying to boss four around after-all he is older and wiser. But it would turn into a bit of a brawl.

Like when Sarah Jane met Rose.

Eleventh Doctor: This would be the BEST MEET UP EVER. They are so equally brilliant to watch.

so, how do you think these meetings would go down ?
Danny Fullbrook

Re: How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 13th, 2010, 10:30 pm

I agree, Danny. It would be. Hopefully Steven Moffat will make our dreams come true by incorporating TOM BAKER into one of the story lines. I would love it if TOM met Matt. Oh and I also hope Paul McGann gets to come back, but I doubt it. In fact I doubt it that any past Doctor will make a return as it would be seen as pleasing the old fans too much and burdening new Who fans with too much past continuity. Still, that hasn't stopped Moffat from putting in cameos for past Doctors i.e. William Hartnell's face in 'Vampires of Venice' and all the past Doctors faces in 'The Eleventh Hour', etc. I think that's all we're going to get.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tch on August 13th, 2010, 11:45 pm

There was a clip on youtube of a two Doctor team up where it was footage of David Tennant and Tom Baker. Quite funny, as the Tennant clips had him in very serious and 'What?' mode, while all of Tom's clips had him very cheerful and 'Oh, well, these kinds of things happen.'

One of the better fan made Who clips.
Now that Big Finish has Doctor's 4-8, they need to do a new version of the 'Five Doctors'.

Would love to see a meeting of the two Baker Doctors. That would be fun.
Though, I love Doctor team ups, so any combination would get my money.
tch

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 14th, 2010, 2:24 am

I agree, tch. TOM with Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann would be a dream come true! :) They should very much indeed do a proper five Doctors special. I would buy the CD's for sure.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Marcello Cristiano

Postby donnarose on August 14th, 2010, 7:33 pm

That is a good question. I'm afraid to admit I hadn't given it much thought. :oops:

But having viewed "The Five Doctors," I do wish there had been more involvement by Mr. Baker as the 4th Doctor.

I did miss that part. :cry:
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 14th, 2010, 9:41 pm

I wish William Hartnell would have been around to play the part of the 1st Doctor again. Sadly the lovely man passed away in 1975(8 years before 'The Five Doctors') Though I love the nice touching tribute of the old footage of William Hartnell saying: "I shall come back. Yes. I shall come back" at the beginning of 'The Five Doctors'(old footage from 'The Dalek Invasion of Earth'(1964)).

In regards to TOM's non-involvement except for Shada footage and his wax statue from Madame Tussands for publicity photos :lol: TOM said that it was too soon after he left. It had only been two years after 'Logopolis'(1981). He felt that the dust had to settle if he was to return.

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 19th, 2010, 4:11 pm

I mentioned this somewhere on another thread, but I think it would be problematic having Tom alongside any other doctor, much as I'd love to see it. He would overshadow them all.

I think Pat Troughton might have been one of the better options, since he was a clever actor and would be able to work well with such a strong co-star, as he did with Colin Baker. McGann, would probably work, too.

In my opinion, the worst pairing would be with Sylvester McCoy. McCoy was practically invisible even on his own, so would be completely obliterated alongside Tom.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby Danny Fullbrook on August 19th, 2010, 11:03 pm

I always feel sorry for McCoy. The poor man came at a time where the flare for Doctor Who was drying up. I don't believe he failed, I just feel he was let down by writers.

Colin Baker gets similar treatment as he was sacked. But I think Colins doctor is very similar to David Tennants Doctor. I still feel Tom is long overdue for a come back. He has yet to have a canon multi-doctor appearance or appearance full-stop. It's a shame. I imagine the rating-grabbers at BBC would love it. :D
Danny Fullbrook

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 20th, 2010, 7:33 am

Danny Fullbrook wrote:I always feel sorry for McCoy. The poor man came at a time where the flare for Doctor Who was drying up. I don't believe he failed, I just feel he was let down by writers.

Colin Baker gets similar treatment as he was sacked.

Just my opinion of course, but I think McCoy would have been dreadful under any circumstances. His voice carried no authority or clarity. There was no charisma or presence about his doctor.

Colin Baker, on the other hand, had the makings of an excellent and more adult-orientated doctor, even given the terrible trappings of the eighties era. I think he is vastly underrated, and his cause certainly wasn't helped by the idiotic idea of dressing him up like a clown!
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby mikotyk on August 27th, 2010, 1:55 am

Maybe he would just offer them a jelly baby?
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years