What's you're most treasured item of Tom-merobilia?

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: What's you're most treasured item of Tom-merobilia?

Postby donnarose on July 24th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Gold Usher wrote:I personally have nothing directly from Tom (wish I did....he does have a key ring of mine I had delivered to him). But my most treasured 'item' would be the 'webfriends' I've made and met over the course of the past few years from places connected to Tom. So without the "Tom-merobilia" I'd have missed out on a great group of friends!

I agree with Gold Usher.

I do have the answers to my questions from the "Question Room," which I do plan to print out. That will most likely be the closest thing I have in the way of any memorabilia from Mr. Baker.

But I have to say that I have met some of the nicest, caring, most considerate folks here on the forum. :D

For that, I am most thankful. :)
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby tracy on July 24th, 2010, 2:56 pm

a picture of tom signed for my mum which came today
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 18th, 2010, 10:29 pm

I sadly don't have TOM's autograph(otherwise it would no doubt be my most cherished TOM item), but I do have a few TOM BAKER/4th Doctor action figures, as well as every issue of the Marvel comics Doctor Who comic book(as well as his first stories in MARVEL Premiere issues 57-60). I must look into getting TOM's autograph via an on-line WHO shop like Who One Ltd., Galaxy 4, The Who Shop, or Sci-Fi Collector, etc. Though it would be much more special to get it in person at convention where it could be personalised.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Gold Usher on August 21st, 2010, 5:42 am

Then I do have a certain Mona Lisa. After sitting with Pattie Anne and comparing Tom Baker siggies for about almost 30 minutes we reached a decision. It lives up to what the original message was underneath on Leonardo's canvas.... :o
Gold Usher

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 27th, 2010, 8:31 pm

I wish Harper Collins would release TOM's autobiography read by TOM on CD. I know it has been released on two audio cassettes, but a CD would last forever, whereas a tape stretches over time, and could potentially get caught in the tape deck. If they do that, then that would be my most prized possession in terms of TOM.

Hopefully Harper Collins also re-releases his autobiography in book form. It's about time they re-print it.

I just added two more copies of the season 12 4th Doctor action figure to my TOMemorabilia(by Character Options)! I found them at a comic book shop in Toronto earlier today. I purposely went to Toronto to go WHO shopping. They always have a lot of Whovian goodies! Now I need to get the newly released burgundy season 18 TOM/4th Doctor. :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 3rd, 2010, 5:24 pm

My new treasured TOM item is now the TOM BAKER 2011 Calendar signed twice by the man! :o JayBee went to the Stamp Centre and had TOM sign it. She very kindly sent me the Calendar. JayBee and TOM gave me the happiest day of my life! THANK YOU to both! I will never forget what you did for me.

Love,

Your friend
Marcello
:)

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Marcello Cristiano

Postby MCH on December 20th, 2010, 11:12 pm

The only thing I have "Tom Bakerish" is the action figure. I had a stray thought of taking it on trips and photographing it in different locations. That would be an interesting project.
MCH

Postby donnarose on December 23rd, 2010, 1:54 am

That would be an interesting project, Mchulick--kind of like the traveling garden gnomes that have been photographed in various areas. :lol:
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby pattie anne on January 9th, 2011, 10:44 pm

or if trusting us ... TOM has fans on this board WHO live in america ... canada ... bulgaria ... netherlands antilles ... australia ... ukraine ... israel ... bermuda ... sweden ... new zealand ... chile ... italy ... and of course, all over great britain. :mrgreen:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Who dat? on January 10th, 2011, 1:58 pm

That reminds me of something similar from another hobby of mine. There is a Hot Wheels collector who has a car that he has sent to other collectors from a certain website and had it photographed and autographed (a separate card) in something like 200 different cities around the world. That little car has been more places than my luggage :lol:
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself