The sports desk.

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

The sports desk.

Postby blackhawkrush on January 26th, 2010, 2:30 am

Are you fans of any teams or clubs? I am a big Chicago Blackhawks fan. That's hockey. :lol: I also like soccer, sorry football. Tell us about your favorites.
blackhawkrush

Re: The sports desk.

Postby Captain Rum on January 26th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Too many to mention but for football it's Liverpool, on account of them being the first team I saw on tv, 32 years later it's been up and down since :roll: :D I like Bath at rugby union but watch lots of sport, played rugby for 24 years up until 20008 when I was told I had Arthritis from playing too much....exercise is bad for you :lol:
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby blackhawkrush on January 27th, 2010, 6:11 am

Captain Rum wrote:Too many to mention but for football it's Liverpool, on account of them being the first team I saw on tv, 32 years later it's been up and down since :roll: :D I like Bath at rugby union but watch lots of sport, played rugby for 24 years up until 20008 when I was told I had Arthritis from playing too much....exercise is bad for you :lol:

I think Liverpool made a mistake letting Dudek go after that Champions League win. And if you played rugby untill 20008 then I'm not surprised you had arthritis problems. :lol: Hope you feel better friend.
blackhawkrush

Postby paradoxFox on January 27th, 2010, 6:55 pm

Yes, I, have been a sports fan - although I've fallen a bit out of touch recently with the statistics and over all details of play. This due to a few changes (for the better) in my life.

I'm still (and always will be) a Boston Red Sox fan (Baseball. The so called American pastime, which it is not.) and am moderate fan of other teams of that sport as well.

Growing up in the state of Massachusetts I became, and still am, a fan of New England teams. When I lived and worked in Boston: I attended many a baseball and hockey game. (Both played in the city, and with easy access to from all points in the city.) I enjoyed that.

I still enjoy watching some games, sometimes. I'm looking forward to going to a few spring training (baseball) games soon. Things held very close to where I live now.

When I lived on the border of Canada, I watched many a hockey game on t.v. In that small town, where I was living, one received but three channels without the aid of a satellite or cable t.v. contract. Two of those three channels were based in Canada, one of which was in French.

I watched a good deal of hockey.

...and I learned there is always a hockey game on television in Canada.

Some sports are certainly more exciting than others, and may appeal to us more than others-but all I find have much in common to admire-and that is the thrill of achievement through some adversity. The wonder of what we, as human beings, can accomplish.

It's a great thing.
A life without cause is a life without effect.
paradoxFox

Location: The United States of America but wherever I am there I be

Postby tracy on January 28th, 2010, 10:17 am

:D im also not much of a sports fan i do like to watch the sking. motor raceing.the motor bikes .tennis.water sports.and skateing
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby blackhawkrush on August 14th, 2010, 5:00 am

Congrats to my Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup this year! :D
blackhawkrush

Return to Miscellaneous