Welcome to the Fan Community

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Welcome to the Fan Community

Postby tracy on April 21st, 2010, 3:07 pm

:D glad you love it here sidoney and as you can see there is a question room so each month members put a question to tom and he answers them which is lovly of tom as he is a busy guy
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby sidoney on April 21st, 2010, 5:05 pm

Oh yes, I saw that! I've already been thinking about what I'd ask, given the opportunity. In fact for the last couple of days it's been a favourite topic of thought when I hang out the washing - which I can do on autopilot, so it gives me thinking space. :D
sidoney

Postby SakuradaKaoru on April 21st, 2010, 9:20 pm

Name: James Arrell
Birthdate: July 2, 1985
How I learned about Tom Baker: You would be surprised how many Doctor Who references there were in American media.
Only three questions I can think to ask Tom... and I can't ask one because it's Doctor Who related and the other two aren't about his private life but might still be personal.
SakuradaKaoru

Postby fowens22 on August 7th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Hi my name is Fiona I'm 35 and I live in Sydney Australia I'm currently working in respite care for special needs children and I'm definatly a fantasy/sci fi / adventure geek doctor who, star trek, star wars and marvel comics opened up my world.
Tom Baker was my first doctor and his adventures gave me some very good memories in my childhood also unlike some other heroes he didn't fit the Captain Kirk mold but he was quirky and different and didn't fit societies standards of normal and as a child my family didn't either and I felt odd in school ect but watching doctor who and then when I discovered the books I felt that it was ok to be different to not look and act the same as everyone else . Also the lessons lernt about helping others was an inspiration to me
So hello all nice to meet other fans.
fowens22

Postby tracy on August 8th, 2010, 9:40 am

:D hi fiona welcome to toms dinner table enjoy your self
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 8th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Hi Fiona. Welcome to TOM's wonderful forum. I love what you said about TOM's Doctor being different. I always thought that the 4th Doctor was a great role model to follow. Enjoy your stay here, Fiona.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby That-scarf-girl on August 30th, 2010, 2:34 am

Hello, my name is Samantha. I'm 16 and currently in an acedemic high school in Australia. I've become obsessed with classic Who only after my best friend nagged me into watching the new stuff. I am now a proud whovian, and even knitted my own scarf, I'm not sure if it is allowed on the forum, but I could soon put up a pic of me in my scarf. I was so thrilled to find out TOM has his own website :D, good to know there is a Who fan in Sydney - that's only 2 hours south of me (im from newcastle).
Glad to meet you all
That-scarf-girl
An apple a day keeps the Doctor away,
But if the Doctor is cute, then bugger the fruit!
That-scarf-girl

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 30th, 2010, 3:08 am

Hi Samantha! :) It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm happy that you got into Doctor Who. Here, you can chat with a whole bunch of Whovian/TOM BAKERites. Enjoy your stay, and we hope to get to know you over the course of your time here. Enjoy the scarf! :)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on August 30th, 2010, 10:22 am

:D hi sam welcome to toms dinner table sit back and enjoy your self .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby That-scarf-girl on August 30th, 2010, 10:45 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, glad to join you all at the table (as long as it is vegetarian hehe), just thought I'd ask, is there a section where I could show you all some of the fan fiction i write? I was hoping to put it up here, to share my writing with other whovians/bakerites, it is all Tom's doctor and sarah jane.
thanks again for making me feel welcome,
Samantha (That-scarf-girl)
An apple a day keeps the Doctor away,
But if the Doctor is cute, then bugger the fruit!
That-scarf-girl

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome