Your favourite Tom Baker outfit

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Your favourite Tom Baker outfit

Postby Sarah on February 28th, 2010, 7:36 am

Sorry if it has been done. But if you were the costume designer... what would put with what out of all the things they put him in? Which coat with which pants... etc. Thought this might be fun... I love coats and scarfs and boots and he had some smashing outfits.

Go nuts. My favourite coat was the longish dark one, with the original scarf, the deadly assasin boots and the checked pants. Thats what I would do anyway :lol:
Sarah

Re: Your favourite Tom Baker outfit

Postby tracy on February 28th, 2010, 10:36 am

D i loved all the costumes and june hudson did a great job on toms out fits . the only one i didnt like was the trousers tom wore in the power of kruol but apart from that i loved every think else. and the one he wore in the deadly assassion very nice
Last edited by tracy on February 28th, 2010, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Sarah on February 28th, 2010, 11:05 am

How did I know someone would mention the Deadly Assassin? Lol...
Sarah

Postby madgoth on March 1st, 2010, 4:14 am

I adored the tartan hat he wore in Zygons! And then there is the Deadly Assassin. 8-) But the standard brown fedora and brown costume was the best.
madgoth

Postby Toothy Grin on March 1st, 2010, 9:33 am

I think Tom's best ever look was in The Face Of Evil, with those suede boots he only ever wore in that story. After that, the look I always associate most with Tom was his mid-season 16 look: The long brown velvet coat, open neck shirt, scarf draped everywhere, brown boots and hat: see Stones of Blood/Androids of Tara.
Least favourite look: the season 18 costume. All I see is a big block of burgundy. Tom looks uncomfortable in it.
Toothy Grin

Postby Sarah on March 1st, 2010, 10:21 am

Yes thats the coat the brown velvet love that coat. I have scoured op shops looking for a coat like that in a womens size and style but never find one thats quite right. Got some nice black ones though.
Sarah

Postby Jedi Princess on March 4th, 2010, 2:27 pm

I hated the burgandy disaster in season 18 >.< what a disaster. I loved the rest of them, though...they were all awesome :D
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby Tardis Carpenter on March 4th, 2010, 5:28 pm

I thought all of his outfits were great, but I always liked the original the best! It just didnt look so new as his other outfits and seemed to fit the character best, for me. I wonder if Tom ever got hot wearing all that warm clothing, while filming Dr Who?

TC
Tardis Carpenter

Location: Inside the TARDIS remodeling and sometimes Kansas City

Postby hackenbush on July 30th, 2010, 11:12 pm

The "Pyramids of Mars" look is probably my favourite... The burgundy one in season 18 is nice in principle but it's too heavy and swamps the Doctor...oh, and there's the small matter of the ridiculous question marks...
hackenbush

Postby mikotyk on August 4th, 2010, 2:04 pm

I'd agree with Hackenbush. Tom's costume in "The Pyramids of Mars" is one of his better ones. I wasn't too fond of the red jacket and scarf in his last season. I much preferred the multi-colored scarf to the red one. It was more goofy looking.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years