Tom's stories in order of popularity

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tom's stories in order of popularity

Postby merlinsseer on November 6th, 2009, 11:38 am

i still can't pick a favorite- the hairy fellow from warriors gate reminded me far too much of the lion from wizard of oz on steriods
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby tracy on November 6th, 2009, 11:44 am

Toothy Grin wrote:I don't think Genesis is Tom's best ever story, I find it a bit overrated. I agree that Underword is his worst, it's one of the few Dr Who stories that bores me. My own top ten would be: 1. City of Death 2. The Ark in Space 3. The Robots of Death 4. The Seeds of Doom 5. Pyramids of Mars 6. The Pirate Planet 7. The Keeper of Traken 8. Horror of Fang Rock 9. Logopolis 10. The Ribos Operation.

yes but tom can turn things around and like i say icant fault any think tom has done i just enjoy all what he has done i cant speak for any one else as people have there own views on things its like me saying to some one why do they like football which i wouldnt say as i cant stand foot ball and that person might not like what i like so i dont say any think . but thats my point of view
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on November 6th, 2009, 4:17 pm

"Warrior's Gate" was very difficult for me to understand at the first viewing. But after a few watchings, I grew to like it very much. And it truly is very different from all the other WHOS I've watched. TOM abeit a bit melancholy was excellent as ever! Just wish HE had, had many 'moore' scenes in the story. (I personally have no problem with HIM hogging, nor stealing, ALL the scenesl ALL the TIME.) But like another Poster said, would have been interesting to see another story in the WHO universe, from the same writer.
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby John on November 6th, 2009, 5:02 pm

pattie anne wrote:would have been interesting to see another story in the WHO universe, from the same writer.

Stephen Gallagher also wrote Terminus, which was nowhere near a good as Warriors Gate.
John

Postby Captain Rum on November 6th, 2009, 6:08 pm

John wrote:
pattie anne wrote:would have been interesting to see another story in the WHO universe, from the same writer.

Stephen Gallagher also wrote Terminus, which was nowhere near a good as Warriors Gate.

I would have that the other way round as Terminus is a great story.....that's the beauty of a forum, a difference of opinion and healthy debate :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby John on November 6th, 2009, 11:46 pm

An interesting fact about Warriors Gate, is that it is the only instance in the shows history where the director was sacked, even though Daryl Joyce was later reinstated.

Alan Bromly apparently came perilously close during the recording of Nightmare of Eden, ultimately walking out during the second production block.
John

Postby merlinsseer on November 9th, 2009, 11:34 am

John wrote:An interesting fact about Warriors Gate, is that it is the only instance in the shows history where the director was sacked, even though Daryl Joyce was later reinstated.

Alan Bromly apparently came perilously close during the recording of Nightmare of Eden, ultimately walking out during the second production block.

Oh , those artistic types and their tempers . Whatever will we do with them :lol:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby Jedi Princess on November 9th, 2009, 3:43 pm

So glad my personal favorite was the third favorite out of Tom's stories....could have hoped for better, but oh well :D I am content.
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby ivocaliban on November 24th, 2009, 3:11 am

Ah, I have favourites all throughout this list! I certainly can't say it really mirrors my own tastes, however. These in particular I enjoy far more than many of the stories higher up:

116. The Face of Evil
147. The Sun Makers
184. The Creature from the Pit

I can hardly wait for the DVD releases!
ivocaliban

Postby blackhawkrush on December 31st, 2009, 3:05 am

Pyramids of Mars (3) :P Yes! Horrors of Fang Rock (9) :) OK, I guess. The Brain of Morbius (11) :| I'm getting a little uptight. State of Decay (19) :cry: Come on, that's low. The Ribos Operation (24) :x Noooooo!
blackhawkrush

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years