Tardis Companions

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in July to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Tardis Companions

Postby roy2d2 on July 7th, 2010, 9:47 am

Dear Tom,

It's a pleasure to be able to ask you questions and read your thoroughly entertaining responses.

I have to say that you will always be "My" Doctor :D

I was just wondering during the filming of the series, did you enjoy it more having a single companion?
Or was it better as an actor to be able to bounce off multiple companions ie Adric, Nissa & Tegan

Love your work

Roy
roy2d2

Re: Tardis Companions

Postby Tom Baker on July 17th, 2010, 11:21 am

Roy,

My very favourite has to be Lis Sladen. She was the first and her reaction to the way I wanted to do things gave me great confidence. Of course I enjoyed the others but as they arrived, I was the one who offered the character to which they could respond. By the time we had arrived at the point where I had three assistants I was very bored with them all simply because I was getting tired of the job and did not agree with the producer at that time. I always felt that they should BOUNCE off me and not the other way round. But it was all so long ago. But the memories are sweet and often return unbidden and sometimes I forget how happy I was to play the Doctor. I hope they are all well and happy too.

Best wishes from Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for July 2010