Well that was a surprise

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in July to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Well that was a surprise

Postby anthonyz on July 3rd, 2010, 8:39 am

Hi Tom,

Being a fan of yours, over the years I have learnt a lot from documentaries you have narrated. Titles such as the History of Ships or the History of Planes, the 'Jack the Ripper Diary', even a National Geographic documentary on the sloth!

Jeremy Irons aside, I was wondering from your life which people have surprised you the most (good or bad, from their considered opinion in society) after you met them?

Please write a book of your own proverbs and observations on life -- it would be a best-seller!

Keep well,

Anthony

P.S. This made me chuckle ...

A man walked into his doctor’s office complaining he had lost all hearing in his right ear. "Let me take a look," said the doctor. "I see the problem. You’ve got a suppository stuck in your ear!" The patient asked to use the phone, called home and said, "Margaret...you can stop looking for my hearing aid...I know where it is."

P.S.S. In future, please will you consider a shop on your website where overseas fans who can't make it to conventions to meet you may purchase your books or a signed photo? Thank you!
anthonyz

Re: Well that was a surprise

Postby Tom Baker on July 12th, 2010, 10:45 am

Anthony,

I was for a while in Egypt, Cairo and Luxor. I had time to walk around and I was amazed at the good humour and kindness of the very poor in those places. They used to offer me their sweet tea.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for July 2010