The Vault of Horror

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

The Vault of Horror

Postby Theta Sigma on July 11th, 2010, 6:35 am

Just finished watching Vault of Horror featuring Tom which is available in nine parts on YouTube.

Released in 1973 it was produced by Milton Subotsky and Max Rosenberg (both of whom had done the 1960s Dalek movies).

The movie is divided into five stories. The framing story has five strangers each recounting a nightmare that they had. Tom is in the last of the five segments Drawn and Quartered.

Other Who alums in the film are Michael Craig (segment 4 Bargain In Death), Anna Massey (segment 1 Midnight Mess), Terence Alexander (Drawn and Quartered), Erik Chitty (Midnight Mess) and Roy Evans (Midnight Mess). According to IMDb George A Cooper was also in the film but his scenes were deleted.

Although he never appeared in Doctor Who, Midnight Mess also featured Mike Pratt. Both he and Tom had appeared in a version of Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), Pratt was Randall in the original series while Tom was Wyvern in the 2000-01 remake series. To show how small this world is the Hopkirk in the original series was Kenneth Cope who was in one of Tom's Doctor Who stories Warriors' Gate playing Packard.

Tom did very well with the material he was given.

Each of the five stories of Vault of Horror are very scary.

The way the movie itself wraps things up is very chilling.
Theta Sigma

Re: The Vault of Horror

Postby tracy on July 11th, 2010, 6:40 pm

yes i enjoyed the vault of horror i got it on dvd tom played another great part as ever . its nice to see tom in other stuff besides dr who
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: The Vault of Horror

Postby pattie anne on July 30th, 2010, 4:29 pm

odd that i found the other stories interesting, but liked TOM's role the best. :D

well, maybe not so "odd" after all, on second thought. :lol:

and my screencaps from the feature film are still ... knock down gorgeous! :mrgreen:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles