FAVouritE TOM Quotes

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: FAVouritE TOM Quotes

Postby John on November 6th, 2009, 12:26 pm

"Of course I was a good deal older than Elisabeth, and even now, all these years later, thirty odd years later, when I see Elisabeth now, that amazing affection that existed between us, and her absolute confidence in my affection and my concern for her, is still there. All that wonderful effortless confidence, you know, her intimacy with me, her certainty that I care and still love her."
John

Postby Jedi Princess on November 6th, 2009, 1:13 pm

""Stay calm, sir," I cried. "Don't excite yourself, it could mean death." He took me at my word and instantly fell inert. I didn't know whether he was obeying me or had died."
Jedi Princess

Postby Toothy Grin on November 6th, 2009, 2:35 pm

I think my favourite ever story by Tom is the one where he talks about being mistaken by a taxi driver for Jon Pertwee, and when the cabbie asks what happened to the chap who came after him, Tom replies" Oh, you mean that tall, curly headed chap, Tom Baker? He died. Drunk and penniless in a basement flat, in Clapham." And then tom signs an autograph for him as " Yours, Tom Baker. RIP." Brilliant! :lol:
Toothy Grin

Postby pattie anne on November 6th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Keep up the excellent work, folks, as there are literally thousands of them "out there" still waiting their turn.

"I came to believe the publicity about my compelling, hypnotic eyes and powerful aura."
TOM BAKER
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby John on November 7th, 2009, 6:41 pm

"She knew the affect she was having on chaps. Devestating. I mean people used to stop, you know, in the corridor as she went to go by. Old men, I wasn't old then so I'm not talking about me, but old men would stop, you know, and look over their shoulders and sigh, and start to sob, or sometimes shoot themselves, I think. She was terrific.

-Tom talking about Judith Paris.
John

Postby merlinsseer on November 7th, 2009, 6:52 pm

John wrote:"Of course I was a good deal older than Elisabeth, and even now, all these years later, thirty odd years later, when I see Elisabeth now, that amazing affection that existed between us, and her absolute confidence in my affection and my concern for her, is still there. All that wonderful effortless confidence, you know, her intimacy with me, her certainty that I care and still love her."

would love to see these two back on screen together again
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby John on November 7th, 2009, 7:12 pm

"Elisabeth may have remembered that I tampered with the script. I often offered to tamper with the script. I sometimes used to offer to murder the writers if they didn't have the nerve to do it....if they would give me the gun. But they could never find a gun. Or when I met the writer he was terribly nice and then I didn't want to kill him at all".
John

Postby pattie anne on November 7th, 2009, 10:14 pm

"I remember, I was returning with a colleague from Blackpool on a Saturday afternoon and I wanted to see the episode being shown that day. So we stopped at a television shop and asked if we could watch the programme. The assistant said she was just closing, but we could go to her house nearby and see it. When we got there we found her two children glued to the programme which had just started. I sat down quietly. Suddenly one of the children looked across at me. Then he looked back at the set. The he looked back at me again. He couldn't believe his eyes!"
TOM BAKER

TOM later went on to explain, how the children had gone to school, and told their classmates what had happened, but they were not believed. So, after having written HIM, and explaining their problem, they received back photos and documents from HIM, which of course verified everything. And how so very kind of HIM, to care enough to do so.

:D
Last edited by pattie anne on November 7th, 2009, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby John on November 7th, 2009, 10:18 pm

"Sometimes old ladies got up on buses and offered me their seat....which really is going too far".
John

Postby pattie anne on November 7th, 2009, 10:29 pm

Oh, I don't think so. Now that I am retired, I am a part TIME housekeeper, and I would clean HIS place for FREE. And along with England knighting HIM ... IMHO think HE should have FREE franking privledges ...FREE transit passes ... and a hair cut on the system, at least once a month!

Oh, yes, this is STILL the Quote Thread :oops: Sorry.

**********************\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/*********************************

"The Doctor isn't really an acting part. It's a matter of being inventive enough to project credibility to scenes which aren't credible."
TOM BAKER
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself