Aging!

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in June to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Aging!

Postby mcalldp on June 15th, 2010, 7:35 pm

I've seen you mention, several times, how you relate to things differently now compared to when you were a young man (things that make you laugh etc..) Do you feel growing older is the pits (These silly bodies of ours do seem to creak more each day!) or do you find each new year to bring interesting, fresh perspectives to your life?
~sHiNe oN~
mcalldp

Re: Aging!

Postby Tom Baker on June 20th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Growing old is no laughing matter; but there is a glorious democracy to it. Nobody escapes except those who die young. But I make the best of it and try to be good humoured about pains and aches and the inevitable humiliation that comes with age. And like everybody I am sustained by my memories of other days and other moments of joy and laughter and above all I am sustained by my wife without whom there would be no point to any of the whole ghastly business of living in fear of the next crisis.

I was talking to a young fellow in a shop the other day and I said in a friendly tone: "It must be marvellous to be young." And he said: "Oh, it's not all it's cracked up to be, you know!"

I liked that!

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for June 2010