Action!

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in June to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Action!

Postby Toothy Grin on June 7th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Hello Tom,

Thank you for answering my previous questions. It's so thrilling to get a response from your childhood hero. Loved your latest newsletter too, each one is always a joy to read. That photo of you with the wine is marvellous!
My question is: playing the Doctor often required a fair amount of action. I know stunts were usually left to stuntmen, but there was still often alot of running about (usually up and down corridors!) fights with villains and monsters and falling down after getting knocked unconcious. How did you feel about these physical displays? Did you enjoy the action stuff or did you view running, jumping and falling with trepidation?

Keep well and best wishes,

from Mark.
Toothy Grin

Re: Action!

Postby Tom Baker on June 14th, 2010, 10:02 am

Dear Mark,

I broke my collar bone in a fall on my second story and Terry Walsh did all the running and falling and I did the close ups. But later I grew to enjoy the action sequences. I particularly liked pretending to be scared when the villains threatened me. I just loved it all. That’s why I stayed so long.

Best

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for June 2010