Style and Change

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in May to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Style and Change

Postby pferreira1983 on May 12th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Hello Tom,

I'm new to this website and I hope you don't mind me asking you a question. An answer from you would be a great birthday present. It's a fantastic opportunity to finally speak to you. I became a fan of Doctor Who at quite a late age but I think it's a great show which I have avidly watched. Although I must confess what I really admired you for growing up was your role as Puddleglum in 'The Silver Chair'.

Anyway, I know during your last season in Doctor Who you disliked many of the changes that the producer John Nathan Turner was bringing to the series style like the new costume, theme tune and script ideas. Looking back at that last year is there anything that you now think did actually work?

Thank you for your time

Pedro Ferreira
pferreira1983

Re: Style and Change

Postby Tom Baker on May 20th, 2010, 11:48 am

Pedro,

It was all a matter of taste. I think the fans liked what JNT did and I'm a democrat. The fans were right and I was wrong. The fans are always right, and that's why I appear so often to please them.

Yours
Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for May 2010