American here... what would you recommend?

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

American here... what would you recommend?

Postby SakuradaKaoru on May 4th, 2010, 9:52 am

I apologize in advance if similar topics have been made. ^^;

All I know is Doctor You-Know-What, Sinbad, and Little Britain. I'd say it's pretty obvious that the last two roles I mentioned are unknown in America.

I want to see his other work. Not that his work in a certain science fiction show isn't awesome but there's a lot more to his career than just that. I don't know what to look for and I figure his British fans would be fairly knowledgeable on what I should look at.
Only three questions I can think to ask Tom... and I can't ask one because it's Doctor Who related and the other two aren't about his private life but might still be personal.
SakuradaKaoru

Re: American here... what would you recommend?

Postby tracy on May 4th, 2010, 4:40 pm

:D id recommend any think tom has done on tv he has been in alot of things .if you want to buy most of what tom has been in you should be able to go to your record shop and find dvds there or look on the web site but most of toms tv stuff cant be found on dvd such as medics and the book tower that was good .i will pm you on a site or 2 where you might be able to find dvds
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on May 4th, 2010, 9:21 pm

dear SakuradaKaoru -

well ... i am an american fan too, but if you wish, i can PM you a LIST of other TOMs (HIS CVs) if you wish.

best,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby donnarose on May 4th, 2010, 11:46 pm

I wonder if Netflix would have any titles.
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby jaybee on May 5th, 2010, 12:06 am

Try wikipedia -- it'll tell you all you wanted to know... and more!
jaybee

Postby Peterdalek on May 5th, 2010, 2:16 am

Hi SakuradaKaoru

I would highly recommend 'Nicholas & Alexandra' & 'The Millionairess', these are two of his finest earlier roles together with 'Sinbad'. After that perhaps 'The Vault Of Horror', 'Randall & Hopkirk Deceased', 'Life and Loves of a She Devil', 'Monarch Of The Glen' and the episode of 'Black Adder II' he was in called 'Potato'. The 'Silver Chair' is quite fun too. As far as I'm aware these are all available on DVD.

His appearance in films such as 'Curse of King Tuts Tomb' and 'Curse of Frankenstein' are fairly brief and can be seen on YouTube, which incidently is a great place to find some of Toms other roles.

In short, If you haven't seen it, Nicholas and Alexandra is a great place to start.

I hope this has helped.

PD
Peterdalek

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles