Ancient history

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in April to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Ancient history

Postby Oxon_archaeologist on April 5th, 2010, 2:21 pm

Dear Tom,

Thanks for this wonderful way to interact. I really relate to the comments you have made about the fear involved in growing up in devout Catholicism. My parents raised me in the US in a self-imposed exile from most human interaction, and fed a solid diet of guilt and fear of damnation. However, American PBS (public TV) was permitted and Dr Who helped me to overcome so many fears and to develop a passion for science and facts, tools that enabled me to free myself from a lot of baggage. For your part in that, I shall always be grateful.

Now the question:

Is there a time/place in the past you would particularly like to visit, if time travel were possible?

Thanks very much,
Wendy M
Oxford
Oxon_archaeologist

Re: Ancient history

Postby Tom Baker on April 13th, 2010, 11:36 am

Dear Wendy,

What a choice! I would like to have witnessed the Marriage Feast at Canaan and seen Jesus pull off his first miracle.

But I would be curious to have known Oliver Goldsmith and his group. Poor dear Nolly. But She Stoops To Conquer is the sweetest play I ever did. And Mr. Hardcastle was one of my few characters I really enjoyed.

Best wishes

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for April 2010