Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

Postby The Cloaked One on April 7th, 2010, 1:45 am

I would like to meet anyone who has worked with Doctor Who from Tom Baker to David Tennant and the current doctor to Terry Nation, Daniel Spooner, and Russel T. Davis. I would also like to meet Vic Mignogna, Megumi Hayashabara, Doug Walker, and many others. Mostly though, anyone who is kind, creative, and a hard worker.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby Marcello Cristiano on April 7th, 2010, 7:40 pm

Dear cat9:

You are very lucky to have met all of those WHO actors and actresses! WOW! :shock: I wish I was you. I live in Canada, and am low income, so I never have a chance to meet Doctor Who/Torchwood/Sarah Jane Adventures people. Or even favorite rock stars, and or other T.V. stars. Sucks to be me! :cry:
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby cat9 on April 8th, 2010, 10:25 am

I must admit I've been pretty lucky with meeting people, particularly since I live in Sydney. But it comes down to luck, saving hard and getting out there. best of luck that you can meet people you admire soon
cat9

Location: Hanging out with Marwood, drinking red wine and quoting Withnail

Postby donnarose on May 2nd, 2010, 9:41 pm

I think it would be fun to meet everyone here at that dinner party. ;)
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby pattie anne on May 8th, 2010, 2:54 pm

i second that. so many interesting people here WHO are so very different, and yet have a common thread in their lives: Baker of the Tom.

my list: Tom Baker, Sue Baker, Poppy Baker, the kitties Baker, then Colin Baker (and his family), Liz Sladen and Matt Smith.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby mikotyk on May 28th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Mainly through the efforts of the USO, I've met a few celebrities: Robin Williams, Bruce Willis and George Bush (the first one). I also met President Barack Obama and got to speak to him. I dont have a long list of celebrities I'd like to meet, and it is unlikely that I will meet them, but, in short order, here they are:

Tom Baker
Christopher Lee
William Shatner
Patrick Stewart

Besides being a fan of Doctor Who I'm also a huge Star Trek and Hammer films fan which explains the additions of Lee, Shatner and Stewart.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby tracy on May 28th, 2010, 2:35 pm

:D there is one other who id like to have met as well as tom and thats norman wisdom.went to see him in a stage show years ago but not met him personnally
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby The_44th_Doctor on January 11th, 2011, 9:37 am

Tom Baker and the other doctors. The last stars I met, was in the 1990's at a Dark Shadows convention in New York. It is quite a thrill to actually meet the stars you love to watch.
Would you care for a Jelly Baby?
The_44th_Doctor

Postby MCH on January 12th, 2011, 5:29 am

I have mixed feelings about meeting people from the entertainment industry.

On one hand it would be awesome to see and talk to them in person. On the other hand and This is going to be difficult to explain...

Actors(ess) etc. Can move us in so many ways. Likewise, The stories also can have profound effects. Some shows I watch just because a particular actor(ess) is in it. Others I watch for the content. I've loved shows where I didn't recognize any actor(ess).

That having been said, I also know that every actor(ess) is just a person that through their work has touched many lives. That puts them in an unusual situation that most people would never be in. It's got to be somewhat daunting.

Also, For whatever reason, say be it that the actor has been in a particular role, or the show in general was watched, (fans) want to meet them. And why not? They like them, right? They want to tell the actor(ess) That they have made an impact in their life.

I also have found that sometimes I will hear some snippet of news about an actor(ess) that, even though it shouldn't, does change my opinion about the person and that affects my pleasure of watching them work.
I know that actor(ess) are people just like the rest of us with all that entails. But I also don't want my pleasure of watching performances to be tainted.

Does any of this make sense? :?

Besides, any celebrity I've ever met usually leaves me tongue tied. What do you say? What do they think? (shrugs)

Mch
MCH

Postby tracy on January 12th, 2011, 10:57 am

:D i like what youve put mcm and every one has differnet views on how and what they feel.ive only met tom he puts you at ease and loves to chat to his fans i wish you could meet tom mcm.it would be great for you .and the amount of times that i have met tom he gets to know you by name which is very sweet maybe one day you will get to meet tom
tracy with out the E
tracy

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous