The Seeds of Doom coming in 2011

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

The Seeds of Doom coming in 2011

Postby John on March 30th, 2010, 7:51 pm

2|entertain have confirmed that The Seeds of Doom is being prepped for release next year.

Plus Play.com are holding a competition to meet Tom prior to his recording of the commentay track!

Play.com wrote:To celebrate all things Doctor Who, we're giving you the chance to win a meet and greet with the fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, before his audio commentary on the classic The Seeds Of Doom episode series - soon to be released on DVD. And if that wasn't enough, we'll also put you up in London for the night. A prize fit for a Time Lord, we're sure you'll agree!

I'm unable to post a direct link to the competition page, and the path to the page from the main site is not immediately apparent - perhaps a moderator could post details of the competiton somewhere?
John

Re: The Seeds of Doom coming in 2011

Postby tracy on March 30th, 2010, 8:02 pm

:D thanks john that is so cool seeds of doom out next year and a chance for some one who aint met tom before to meet him that is so cool
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 31st, 2010, 12:07 am

YES! Finally the elusive story will be released! You know TOM's commentary on this one will be extra special. I can't wait to hear what he says! TOM and Lis always make a wonderful duo for commentaries. I love it when TOM brings up the Bible. Hopefully he'll treat us to some of his tales. :D YOU ROCK,TOM!!! 8-)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Toothy Grin on March 31st, 2010, 10:18 am

Just entered the Play.Com competition to meet Tom. Hope I win! :)
Toothy Grin

Postby The Cloaked One on April 4th, 2010, 6:33 am

That sounds really awesome! Too bad I'm in America, so I can't enter. T_T Ah well, one day I'll meet Tom Baker.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby tch on April 4th, 2010, 3:27 pm

The Krynoid were a cool monster. Shame they were never brought back.

I'll add them to my 'wish list' for the new show. Right behind Ice Warriors and Yeti.
tch

Postby bcm77 on April 5th, 2010, 9:48 pm

I've only seen this story once before so it's nice to see it's getting a DVD release. I think I'll enter the competition at Play.com too!
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby Graham Sutton on April 15th, 2010, 4:31 pm

That is excellent news. The Seeds of Doom is, in my opinion, one of the very best stories (if not the best) that Tom did. I hope that they will provide some interesting 'extras' on the DVD.
Graham Sutton

Postby Graham Sutton on May 1st, 2010, 10:38 pm

I am so delighted that The Seeds of Doom will be released on DVD. I have just re-watched this on video (it took them a long time to release it on video actually now I come to think about it) and it really is a great story, possibly Toms best after Genesis of the Daleks, which has been ignored most unfairly. I was very sad to note that Mark Jones (who played Keeler) in this story died in January of this year. I really hope that they put some great extras on the DVD (location shooting at Athelhampton House and any interviews with Tony Beckley/Jones etc would be very welcome). I think the Krynoid deserves another outing in the new series - with 21st century special effects it could be realized really well and be a great adversary. Congratulations to 2Entertain for bringing this out.
Graham Sutton

Postby harryfielder on June 8th, 2010, 12:18 pm

I'll get this for my grandkids and they can see grandad from over 35 years ago....

Aitch,
harryfielder

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years