the most essential ingredients in life.

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

the most essential ingredients in life.

Postby Sarah on February 5th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Imagination, isn't it wonderfull? Imagination and laughter. what would it be like to have neither? I could not even imagine nor would I want to. Sadly i have met many people who enjoy neither and seem to find it childish for adults to indulge in imagination and fantasy. Well I feel sorry for them, and being childish in a good way will add years to your life. Childish in the way where the world is new and exiting every morning, where you notice every bird, all the details in the world around you and look at them with a childs eyes. That is truly living. When I am walking in my garden I still venture into the distant corners of wild bush with a secret hope of spotting a little fairy on a mushroom playing a flute... even if I only end up seeing a lizard or a frog.

Tom Baker as the doctor when I was 5 years old was like a cheeky imaginary friend leading me away down the garden path to places that shouldn't exist, amazing places and I always felt I was safe because the doctor could do anything. At school we played doctor who, we made up stories about seeing aliens in the playground and always wished a real tardis would appear. It was a magical time and 23 years later and I still love it, Tom you are still my number one hero, I can believe the world is still a beautifull magical place and maybe just maybe there really are other worlds out there, I would never be so boring and arrogant to think otherwise. Life should be fun, it should be happy and we all need our hero's, real or not. You were real enough for me and will live on in my imagination for good. We need our stories and fantasy worlds even if only in our heads, I believe we would go mad without them. I think it would be an awfull boring place if everyone grew up and forgot how to play in their heads and get lost in a story.

I am sure Tom baker the man outside his doctor suit would be just as wonderfull, it is written in that wonderfull smile of yours, never stop smiling it is contagious. There are a million reasons to love you to bits and I am only sad that there are not many many more lovely men like you in this world you are a blessing to all.

Best wishes.
Sarah.
Sarah

Re: the most essential ingredients in life.

Postby John on February 5th, 2010, 7:04 pm

What a beautifully eloquent post, Sarah, and never have truer words been spoken.

Where would any of us be without the joy born out of a healthy imagination?
John

Postby Sarah on February 6th, 2010, 6:52 am

I have seen too much of the dark side of life in my short time in this world and if there is one thing I can tell you is after being there the sun never shines brighter you appreciate the silliest little things so much more and I am gratefull for it.
Sarah

Postby Moderator on March 27th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Good times, good friends, a bit of dosh, a smattering of class, and a keen sense of humor to tie it all together nicely, thank you. :D Nice teeth works too. ;)

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on March 27th, 2010, 5:04 pm

:D love your post sarah
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on March 29th, 2010, 3:12 am

Rum and my legs back.......well I AM Captain Rum ;)

Most essential ingredients in life......family, good and loyal friends, the love of a good woman (who doesn't mind when I want to watch my Classic Dr Who dvds when her favourite soap is on) my health and a few beers....I don't ask for much, if I have all that the smile on my face would show the ingredients would make a nice meal that is life....I apologise for being so happy at 3am, I guess my imagination went to a nice place :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 29th, 2010, 5:52 am

Well said, Sarah. TOM's smile is contagious, isn't it. Especially his laughter. Gotta love the man! :)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Return to The man himself