A Tom Baker ... D-R-E-A-M ...

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: A Tom Baker ... D-R-E-A-M ...

Postby Sarah on March 1st, 2010, 1:45 pm

It is one of my favourite films.

Ex-Special Forces operator Frank Martin lives what seems to be a quiet life along the French Mediterranean, hiring himself out as a mercenary "transporter" who moves goods--human or otherwise--from one place to another. No questions asked. Carrying out mysterious and sometimes dangerous tasks in his tricked-out BMW, Frank adheres to a strict set of rules, which he never breaks. Rule One: Never change the deal. Rule Two: No names--Frank doesn't want to know whom he's working for, or what he's transporting. Rule Three: never look in the package. Frank's newest transport seems no different from the countless ones he's done in the past. He's been hired by an American known only as "Wall Street" to make a delivery; but when Frank stops along the route, he notices his package is moving. Violating Rule Three, Frank looks inside the bag, finding its contents to be a beautiful, gagged woman. Frank's steadfast adherence to his other two rules--which make up his basic code of survival--also quickly fails, hurtling him and his new companion on a road leading to shocking secrets, deadly complications, and the last thing that Frank ever expected to come to believe: that rules are made to be broken.
Sarah

Postby Moderator on March 1st, 2010, 2:04 pm

Dear Sarah -

"Thank you, vey much."
Elvis

Oh, I must get out more often! :roll:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby biddenden_sue on March 1st, 2010, 2:15 pm

It would have been rather good fun if Tom had appeared in the X-Men movies, maybe with telekinetic or telepathic powers - again, his eyes would have made him most convincing!
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby Sarah on March 1st, 2010, 4:25 pm

he could have played a baddie, but which one?
Sarah

Postby biddenden_sue on March 1st, 2010, 4:44 pm

Well, much as I would hate to put Ian McKellan out of a job, he could have been superb as Magneto! :ugeek:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby Sarah on March 1st, 2010, 5:14 pm

I aggree.
Sarah

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 22nd, 2010, 11:16 pm

Speaking of TOM dreams, I had one the other night(or was it morning?). In the dream he helped fight off bullies that were attacking me. The bullies were people from high school(which I haven't seen since 1996-1997 when I finished high school). TOM materialized in the TARDIS, and stepped out and scared them off by yelling at them. :evil: TOM's voice is intimidating when he yells, just see "The Horror of Fang Rock" when the Doctor yells at that woman:"GET HER OUT OF HERE!!!" :shock: Anyhow, after the bullies were gone, TOM took off his scarf and put it around my neck and smiled. I couldn't believe it!!! He gave me his scarf!!! Then he said if I would like a trip in the TARDIS, and I jumped in. What was neat about this dream was that TOM wasn't playing the 4th Doctor, but that the 4th Doctor was playing TOM! I woke up as soon as we de-materialised in the TARDIS. I hope I have a sequel to this dream where I get to be TOM's travelling companion just like one in the series.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Sarah on March 26th, 2010, 12:06 pm

When I was a kid I really wanted a K9, I wasn't allowed to have a real dog so I thought I could have a robot dog like K9 :D and I could walk to school with him and he would protect me from the bullies and do my homework. I didn't get one of those either. :(
Sarah

Postby Moderator on March 27th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Dear Sarah -

Poor Sarah. :( Every Sarah should have her own K9. :cry:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 28th, 2010, 12:13 am

"do my homework". You're definately onto something, Sarah. I would have loved it if I too was relieved of the burden of so much homework during high school. A K-9 would definately have come in handy! The bullies would be zapped! "The shooty dog thing" would of course just stun them and not kill them. :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

PreviousNext

Return to The man himself