Fourth Doctor historical stories.

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Fourth Doctor historical stories.

Postby John on March 22nd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Early 1960's Doctor Who was notable for it's frequent sojourns back into Earth's history. During his adventures the first Doctor met famous (and infamous) figures, dined with Emperor's and become embroiled in political intrigue.

Which periods in our history would you liked to have see Tom's Doctor visit?

Which famous people would you liked him to have met?
John

Re: Fourth Doctor historical stories.

Postby Who dat? on March 22nd, 2010, 9:07 pm

I would have liked to see him visit the old west here in the USA. I'd bet on him over Clint Eastwood or even John Wayne!
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby tch on March 23rd, 2010, 3:49 pm

Ancient Rome. I can see Tom's Doctor wearing a toga, but still keeping the scarf.

Also, France pre-revolution and WW1.
tch

Postby Toothy Grin on March 23rd, 2010, 5:25 pm

Good question. I would have loved to see Tom's Doctor in ancient Egypt, or in fact any ancient historical period. He seemed visit the victorian/edwardian era alot, and suited that period well, but any period B.C. would have been great.
Toothy Grin

Postby John on March 24th, 2010, 10:52 am

How about the TARDIS arriving in Sherwood Forest? Sarah could get mistaken for Maid Marion and kidnapped by the Sheriff of Nottingham, and Tom could wear tights!

You're right...it's a terrible idea...... :roll:
John

Postby biddenden_sue on March 24th, 2010, 11:23 am

I'd have liked to see him visit the court of King Henry VIII - and eating a banquet in one of his castles, including throwing the bones over his shoulder! :mrgreen:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby Sarah on March 25th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Ancient Sumeria, and the story would be based around the sumerian tablets and their stories of the sky gods the Annunaki and the Giants the nephilim from the bible who came to earth and made civilisation and possibly humans. It's one of my interests I find it quite interesting and exiting. This was all before Egypt and the Pyramids! i think the possibilities for a story based on the wars between these 'gods' (aliens?) could be quite interesting set in ancient Sumer.

Either that or I would enjoy a story around Vlad tepes... Vlad the Impaler the original dracula!
Sarah

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years