Tom and Big Finish

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tom and Big Finish

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 17th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum, Leeson! :D I hope you have fun. It's always nice to meet new people. I look forward to more of your posts in the future. I'll see you around the board, my new friend.

Pyramids of Mars is a classic! The mummies sacred me when I was a kid. :shock:
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Sarah on March 17th, 2010, 5:43 pm

And here I was when I saw the new question section... thinking what could I possibly have worth asking ? So I just wrote the first thing that came to mind. I have wondered what Tom would suggest for a story and was a bit dissapointed when I found out that when he was on the show he tried to put in some lines and didn't always get his way. Well he should have! Well I think he should have but who am I, I wasn't born till 1981 and saw the series on ABC re runs... and not all in order... lol. Love the ABC...

I am also ashamed to admit I have not ever heard any of the big finish audio's.... :oops: it wasn't until I saw (many years after the event) the Paul Mcgann movie that I found out about the big finish and quite enjoyed Paul McGann's doctor but now I am even happier to hear Tom will be doing one and with his input into it. I cannot wait to hear it!
So if I may I would like to thank Tom for answering my question and I am glad to see everyone is now as exited as I am! I feel like a kid at christmas this has made my week brighter :mrgreen:
Sarah

Postby tch on March 18th, 2010, 5:01 am

I've enjoyed the couple Big Finish Cds I've gotten. Wish i had the cash to get more.
Would love it if they did some kind of Doctor team up.

Since both Mary Tamm and Lalla Ward have done stuff for BF, maybe we could get a Doctor, Romanna and K-9 story.
Also be cool if they had Tom's Doctor go up against an old monster that he never encountered on the show, like Ice Warriors or Yeti.
tch

Postby John on March 19th, 2010, 7:33 pm

This from the Big Finish website:

In the wake of a large amount of speculation on the internet about the possibility of Tom Baker working on Doctor Who audio productions with Big Finish, we thought we'd state the facts as they are now.

Tom Baker would like to confirm that ‘warm contact’ has been made with Big Finish and that he's ‘enthusiastic’ to work with us. He adds, wryly, ‘In my twilight years, I am looking forward to a tremendous Big Finish and the sooner the better.’

Executive Producer Nicholas Briggs: ‘Tom and I have been communicating about possible projects for some time. There is really no firm news other than that, but we are both keen to make something happen. Lis Sladen, Louise Jameson and Nicholas Courtney have also expressed an interest in being involved, but no storylines have been written or approved yet and we don't anticipate anything being available before 2011.’

Louise Jameson today said, ‘I'm delighted at the possibility of working with Tom again now we have this new found friendship. I've always rated him as a brilliant and unique actor with the most marvellous voice, Big Finish must be over the moon that he has agreed to re-visiting the sci-fi world.’

Big Finish would like to stress that any audio productions it may make featuring Tom Baker as the fourth Doctor would not clash with or affect Tom's continuing, highly successful work with BBC Audiobooks.
John

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years