The Fourth Doctor on DVD

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

The Fourth Doctor on DVD

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 7:53 pm

There are already two fourth Doctor stories confirmed for release in 2010, 1978's Underworld and the 1979/1980 story The Horns of Nimon forming two thirds of the "Myths and Legends" boxset which has been pencilled in for the end of March.

In addition, the DVD extras for a third story cleared through the BBFC today, 1976's The Masque of Mandragora.

00:18:59:04 BIGGER ON THE INSIDE
00:26:22:14 THE SECRET OF THE LABYRINTH
00:07:33:17 THE MASQUE OF MANDRAGORA PHOTO GALLERY
00:09:37:06 BENEATH THE MASQUE OF "THE MASK OF MANDRAGORA"
00:08:38:09 NOW & THEN - THE LOCATIONS OF THE MASQUE OF MADRAGORA
00:02:40:00 DOCTOR WHO (TRAILS & CONTINUITY)
John

Re: The Fourth Doctor on DVD

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 10:10 pm

As I'm sure everyone will be aware, the long anticipated region 2 re-issue of the Key to Time boxset will be released on 16th November.

This is great news for anybody who could not afford the exorbitant limited edition price, and just in time for xmas!

The re-issue will feature all the extras included in the limited edition release, and for anyone who doesn't already own this boxset, check out the "A Matter of Time" documentary on the Ribos Operation disc, it's fantastic and easily my favourite doco of the range.
John

Postby bcm77 on November 3rd, 2009, 10:26 pm

I ordered the "Key To Time" rerelease a couple of days ago which will be like an early Christmas present as I missed the ltd edition release :D

I'm also really looking forward to the next new releases as they are stories I haven't yet seen.

After those 3 that are set for early 2010 it leaves the following still to be released,

"Revenge of the Cybermen"
"Terror of the Zygons"
"The Android Invasion"
"The Seeds of Doom"
"The Face of Evil"
"The Sun Makers"
"Nightmare of Eden"
"The Creature From the Pit"
"Meglos"

So there's still plenty to look forward to!
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby John on November 4th, 2009, 9:26 am

I was kinda hoping 2|entertain would release Horns of Nimon as part of a boxset along with Nightmare of Eden and Creature from the Pit.

The Tom Baker Platinum Collection!

They could include free Erato, Mandrel and Nimon beany toys!! :lol:
John

Postby Toothy Grin on November 4th, 2009, 9:42 am

I'm so pleased that The Key to Time is being re-released - it's one of my favourite seasons. I love Mary Tamm's Romana, she has a great chemistry with Tom, and the whole season feels wonderfully fresh, witty and inventive. Pirate Planet is a particular favourite - if only Douglas Adams had written more for the series. Tom was at his absolute peak as the Doctor in season 16, he totally owned the role by this stage.
Of his unreleased stories, please get The Seeds of Doom out on DVD - it's a classic!
Toothy Grin

Postby tracy on November 4th, 2009, 10:45 am

John wrote:As I'm sure everyone will be aware, the long anticipated region 2 re-issue of the Key to Time boxset will be released on 16th November.

This is great news for anybody who could not afford the exorbitant limited edition price, and just in time for xmas!

The re-issue will feature all the extras included in the limited edition release, and for anyone who doesn't already own this boxset, check out the "A Matter of Time" documentary on the Ribos Operation disc, it's fantastic and easily my favourite doco of the range.

didnt know about that till you said why are they re issueing the time to time when people have already got it
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 4th, 2009, 10:56 am

The original release back in 2007 was strictly limited edition (15000 if memory serves), and as such made it prohibitively expensive for a lot of fans.

eBay sellers are still asking around £100 for a limited edition, though you can still get an identical Australian non limited edition version for less.

Retailers in the UK are listing the re release at around £53.00, but you can get it cheaper if you look around.
John

Postby Captain Rum on November 4th, 2009, 12:14 pm

Yes it was 15,000 (mine's 7346....I wonder who has number 1 and if it's worth more :P ) and I'm glad it's being released as it's a fantastic set, if memory serves I got it for £52.49 off of Amazon, not bad as a one story release is usually between £11-£13. I'm a big fan of extras and commentaries and there's loads of them, Mary Tamm is very good and it's obvious how well she and Tom got on...I remember the topic of "ferrets" coming up frequently in the "Stones of Blood" commentary :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to all the new releases, can't wait to have every Tom story on dvd :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on November 4th, 2009, 3:44 pm

John wrote:The original release back in 2007 was strictly limited edition (15000 if memory serves), and as such made it prohibitively expensive for a lot of fans.

eBay sellers are still asking around £100 for a limited edition, though you can still get an identical Australian non limited edition version for less.

Retailers in the UK are listing the re release at around £53.00, but you can get it cheaper if you look around.

yeah i got the set from the first time as i had to be carfull not to get the wrong regien
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby tracy on November 4th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Captain Rum wrote:Yes it was 15,000 (mine's 7346....I wonder who has number 1 and if it's worth more :P ) and I'm glad it's being released as it's a fantastic set, if memory serves I got it for £52.49 off of Amazon, not bad as a one story release is usually between £11-£13. I'm a big fan of extras and commentaries and there's loads of them, Mary Tamm is very good and it's obvious how well she and Tom got on...I remember the topic of "ferrets" coming up frequently in the "Stones of Blood" commentary :shock: :lol:

Looking forward to all the new releases, can't wait to have every Tom story on dvd :D

mine is no 2405
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years