Tom and Big Finish

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Tom and Big Finish

Postby biddenden_sue on March 15th, 2010, 2:35 pm

My dream has come true! Tom has exclusively revealed to us in Question Corner that he is going to be working with Big Finish on a Doctor Who audio drama.

I, for one, cannot wait! I love radio more than TV, as I believe that the screen can often deprive you of the added dimension of imagination when experiencing a story unfolding.

If it is on the screen, you only perceive what you see in front of you, but if it is on the radio, you must imagine how everything looks, and this gives each of us an exclusive perspective. I have enjoyed all of Tom's radio outings, and I feel sure that this will be his BEST ever!

Bring it on!!! :ugeek: :mrgreen:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

New Fourth Doctor Audio

Postby Toothy Grin on March 15th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Just noticed on the new question section that Tom has agreed to do a new audio for Big Finish! Fantastic news! As much as I enjoyed the Hornet's Nest series, I was longing to hear Tom do a full audio drama as opposed to the narration/dram format of Hornet's Nest. I hear he's thrown in a few suggestions of his own, so it should still hopefully be well suited for his Doctor. I wonder who (if anyone) will be his companion. (I'm hoping for Lis Sladen!)
Toothy Grin

Re: New Fourth Doctor Audio

Postby biddenden_sue on March 15th, 2010, 4:13 pm

I agree, Liz Sladen as Sarah Jane, alongside Tom as the Doctor, would indeed be awesome. 8-)
Last edited by biddenden_sue on March 15th, 2010, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Re: New Fourth Doctor Audio

Postby tracy on March 15th, 2010, 5:36 pm

:D that is so good news ive just seen it in the question room looking forward to that with tom doing it :D
Last edited by tracy on March 15th, 2010, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: Tom and Big Finish

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 15th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Hopefully we'll get to see a proper five Doctors special with TOM, Colin, Sylvester, Peter and Paul!!! :D TOM accepting the Big Finish offer is the greatest news for me in a long time!!! Way to go, TOM!!! :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby ivocaliban on March 16th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Brilliant news! It's something fans have dreamed about for over a decade. I can't wait! :mrgreen:
ivocaliban

Postby Robert Morrison on March 17th, 2010, 12:48 am

Hello everyone, my first post here, though I joined the forum some time ago and have often visited :)

This is great news! :D I love audio drama, and Big Finish, and Tom has such a wonderful voice, I love the previous audio work that he has done :) Has there been any official announcement yet?

Kind regards, Robert.
Robert Morrison

Postby tracy on March 17th, 2010, 10:37 am

:D welcome to toms dinner table rob
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby JohnSmith on March 17th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Tom and Big Finish what a perfect combination. Here's to many new audio adventures with the BEST Doctor EVER... Doctor No.4!!! Yay!

Anyone fancy a jelly baby to celebrate? :D
I used to know an ancient remedy for mad dogs. I must look it up sometime. Good library here, have you?
JohnSmith

Postby Leeson Fischer on March 17th, 2010, 4:27 pm

This is indeed fantastic news!
I've been a fan of Doctor number four since I was bought a VHS copy of Pyramids of Mars by my auntie for Christmas. I had been expecting (and hoping for) a fifth doctor adventure, but my auntie is a woman of infinite taste and present-buying acumen. Later that christmas night, when the extended family had retired to the dining room for the traditional cold meat buffet, I sloped off into the living room to watch my first Tom Baker serial. I can honestly say I have never looked back, and my poor mother spent the subsequent twelve months knitting me a 12 foot scarf to go in the following years stocking...

I'm so pleased to hear that the finest Doctor of them all is to return to grace our ears once more. Big Finish is a fabulous company which has created some truly wonderful audio dramas that owe more to the classic series than the relaunched show. So wonderful in fact are these new adventures, that I can often be found in my darkened living room once more, 20 years on, but no less transfixed.

Thank you Tom, and all the best.
Leeson Fischer

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years