The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

Postby pattie anne on November 2nd, 2009, 4:06 pm

TOM's Millionairess was just not the kind of story I enjoy, not my 'cuppa' tea. But one very nice feature of the DVD, is, only need to watch the last two tracks (HIS tracks) and can ignore the rest of the movie. TOM painlessly.

As for HIS cantebury tales role, I made a copy of HIS bits, ah, parts. :oops: Ah, how do i say this without all the obvious double-entendres beating me about the head and shoulders? AnyWHO, made an editied version of TOM, and only those scenes with TOM, that I actually watch. Watched the entire crummy, boring, movie in its entirety only ONCE and now it sits in its box gathering dust. What a horrid ... stupid ... pointless film ... with less than perfect bodies and most of them with horrid TEETH. YUK! TOM was absolutely the ONLY thing of any worth in that entire, sordid, 109 minute, production. And if something untowards did happen to my copies ; of course I would go right out and buy another one like a shot! I know, hopelessly addicted. But it IS all so much fun.
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 2nd, 2009, 5:24 pm

yeah i have to agree the rest i flicked though to get to the parts what tom was in and the same with she devel i forward to the parts with tom in and the same with other films and tv tom has been in fast forward it to get to tom the 1st time i watched from the beginning as i wouldnt have known else where about id have to flick from
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby merlinsseer on November 2nd, 2009, 9:07 pm

I watched a clip from "The Millionairess ", my goodness he can roll those R's. I think it's becoming a lost art and not many actors can pull it off , let alone do it . ( I can - I don't know why i can, but I can )
i really regret not being able to see the stage work he has done. Mr. Baker as Long John Silver ? ohhhh ohhhh , my inner pirate went "squeeeeeee " when i heard about that ! Oscar Wilde.... don't even get me started .
I'd love to get a copy of " The Author of Beltraffio ", but I don't think a copy is even in existence. I am a self admitted "period piece ,costume, junkie " and i don't think there is a cure for that, :lol:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby tracy on November 2nd, 2009, 9:32 pm

merlinsseer wrote:I watched a clip from "The Millionairess ", my goodness he can roll those R's. I think it's becoming a lost art and not many actors can pull it off , let alone do it . ( I can - I don't know why i can, but I can )
i really regret not being able to see the stage work he has done. Mr. Baker as Long John Silver ? ohhhh ohhhh , my inner pirate went "squeeeeeee " when i heard about that ! Oscar Wilde.... don't even get me started .
I'd love to get a copy of " The Author of Beltraffio ", but I don't think a copy is even in existence. I am a self admitted "period piece ,costume, junkie " and i don't think there is a cure for that, :lol:

ive been after the auther of beltraffio for along time i remember watching it also im after the medics on dvd i only have 2 of medics
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby merlinsseer on November 3rd, 2009, 9:13 am

You should make back-up copies and-share-lol :lol:
pattie anne wrote:TOM's Millionairess was just not the kind of story i enjoy, not my 'cuppa' tea.

but one very nice feature of my DVD is i only have to watch the last two tracks (HIS tracks) and can ignore the rest of the movie.

:lol:

TOM painlessly.

;)

as for HIS cantebury tales role. i made a copy of HIS bits, :oops:

ah, parts, :oops:

ah, how do i say this without all the obvious double-entendres beating me about the head and shoulders

???

anyWHO, i made an editied version of TOM, and only those scenes with TOM, that i actually watch.

i watched the entire crummy, boring, movie in its entirety only ONCE and now it sits in its box gathering dust.

what a horrid ... stupid ... pointless film ... with less than perfect bodies and most of them with horrid TEETH ...

TOM was absolutely the ONLY thing of any worth in that entire, sordid, 109 minute, production.

and if something did happen to my copies ... of course i would go out and buy another one like a shot!

i know. hopelessly addicted. :roll:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 9:07 pm

And of course he appeared in the BBC drama Monarch of the Glen as the eccentric loveable rogue Donald McDonald. Perhaps Tom is getting typecast as a loveable eccentric, but he plays it so well, and he looked very dashing in highland attire complete with kilt!
John

Postby tracy on November 4th, 2009, 10:06 pm

ive got the dvd of swiss tony that tom was in he played a great part and wearing a neckless to which suited tom .and he made me laugh in fortboyord ive got nearly all what tom has been in since dr who and enjoy watching them . 5.11.09 and i loved the part tom took in randall and hopkirk magic we owe alot to tom and this we thank tom for all the years he has given us and for just being him self
Last edited by tracy on November 5th, 2009, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on November 5th, 2009, 6:03 am

John wrote:And of course he appeared in the BBC drama Monarch of the Glen as the eccentric loveable rogue Donald McDonald. Perhaps Tom is getting typecast as a loveable eccentric, but he plays it so well, and he looked very dashing in highland attire complete with kilt!

Was a big fan of this show anyway as it was on Sunday nights and had this "Feelgood factor" to it....just what you need before you hit Monday morning!! Having Tom in it for the last year or so was fantastic, the show had been missing something after Richard Briers left and they got it with Tom :P
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on November 5th, 2009, 10:22 am

:D ok here is a puzzle for you in the film sinbad where tom plays koara . towards the end of the film where koara goes in to the water to make himself not seen and then sinbad kills him but the question did koara die ok we saw blood but he could have been just badly wounded and that could be a cliff hanger to weather he lived on whats your views i think this is a good puzzle maybe not a puzzle but
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 5th, 2009, 3:12 pm

I haven't seen Golden Voyage for years, so I can't recall the scene in any great detail, but I think it's reasonable to assume that as Prince Koura has yet to make a reappearence, it is most likely that he was killed.
John

PreviousNext

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles