The Fourth Doctor on DVD

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The Fourth Doctor on DVD

Postby John on November 24th, 2009, 4:50 pm

ivocaliban wrote:While I'll be giving Underworld and The Horns of Nimon a pass

How can you even think of passing on The Horns of Nimon?

Why the very idea of it is simply monstrous!!

:lol:
John

Postby Theta Sigma on March 4th, 2010, 7:34 am

On the Davros Collection, noticed from watching Genesis of the Daleks this time around that the notes for Part 2 says that the music for this episode was recorded on March 3 1975 dubbed on March 7 and transmitted the following day on March 8. The last part is not correct as Part 2 was aired on March 15, obviously a confusion with the serial's start date of March 8 the previous week. In fact the notes contradicts itself about the Part 2 airdate as the March 15 fact is mentioned at the beginning of the end credits.
The problem with re-presenting the same information from the individual Genesis release some years before is that it not take into consideration about correcting any mistakes made with the aforementioned earlier release.
Theta Sigma

Postby John on March 4th, 2010, 11:14 am

I don't have The Davros Collection, but I do have all the individual stories seperately. I think the only new material of note recorded for the boxset was The Davros Connection featurette. As much as I'd like to see it, it's unlikely that I'll be buying the set just for that.
John

Postby Toothy Grin on March 4th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Just found out that The Creature From The Pit has been scheduled for release on DVD in May. With Horns of Nimon out very soon, that just leaves Nightmare of Eden for a complete season 17. But where the hell is The Seeds of Doom???!!?? :x
Toothy Grin

Postby John on March 4th, 2010, 3:08 pm

Looking forward to this one. Sounds like there will be a half decent set of extras too; hopefully they've got Myra Francis on the commentary.

But whats this about there being no release in April? :evil:
John

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 4th, 2010, 6:41 pm

I hope the wait for The Seeds of Doom isn't much longer. Hopefully the BBC and 2/Entertain will give us a ton of extras to make up for the long wait. You would have thought they would have released The Seeds of Doom already as it's one of the all-time best episodes of Doctor Who.Who knows, maybe 2/Entertain is planning something special with TSOD. Fingers crossed. :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby ivocaliban on March 9th, 2010, 5:45 pm

I rather expect The Seeds of Doom to be one of the last releases precisely because it's so highly anticipated. It only makes sense to withold some of the "big" releases so that 2|Entertain has a steady stream of income. If all we had left by this point were stories like Underworld and Meglos it would be hard to generate much excitement in the schedule, let alone money for the next release!
ivocaliban

Postby John on March 9th, 2010, 6:56 pm

According to DWM, Lalla Ward, Myra Francis, Christopher Barry and Mat Irvine are on the commentary, so I imagine they will all be on the 'making off' documentary. :P
John

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years