Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

This is the place for anything which doesn't go anywhere else!

Moderator: Moderator

Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

Postby Tardis Carpenter on March 4th, 2010, 5:36 pm

My list is short, first there is Tom Baker of course and second there is Clint Eastwood. I find them both acomplished, extraordinary, interesting people that know how to keep on living life!

TC
Tardis Carpenter

Location: Inside the TARDIS remodeling and sometimes Kansas City

Re: Who is on your "Who I'd like to meet list"?

Postby John on March 4th, 2010, 6:01 pm

I'm really bad at meeting celebs. I just dry up and can't seem to string a cogent sentance together. For this reason I tend to avoid conventions etc.

I briefly met Tom and Louise Jameson last year at the Stamp Centre...I'd also quite like to meet Mary Tamm and Lalla Ward...oh, and Paul Darrow.

I guess the one person I'd really like to meet is Terrance Dicks.....in a pub over roast dinner. I'd love to chat to him about his years on Doctor Who, what it was like working with Barry Letts, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Roger Delgado etc.
John

Postby biddenden_sue on March 4th, 2010, 6:19 pm

I've bumped into so many famous people over the years. I don't really get star struck, but instead, tend to stay quiet, to respect their privacy.

But people I would like to meet, to spend an evening in deep discussion with, would be...

Barack Obama
Nelson Mandella
Margaret Thatcher
Osama Bin Laden

All inthe same room at the same time, with me acting as mediator.

Yeah, I know I'm a little strange. I dream of helping to bring world peace. :oops:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 4th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Definately TOM, of course. As well as Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman, John Barrowman, Catherine Tate, Karen Gillan, Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner, Steven Moffat, Murray Gold, Elisabeth Sladen, Eve Myles, John Simm, Noel Clarke(I know, a lot of people! :D ), and plenty of others.

As well, I'd love to meet The Incredible Hulk himself: Lou Ferrigno.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Sarah on March 5th, 2010, 2:54 am

Apart from Tom Baker I would like to meet Criss Angel, and other similar street magicians... so I can see how they pull off some of their tricks! I have been trying to figure out some of their stunts for years!
Sarah

Postby Tardis Carpenter on March 5th, 2010, 3:27 am

Hi Sarah, check out the Masked Magician, he reveals the secrets! Almost always if its on TV, then its is trick photography and the people around are in on it! But it's still fun to watch!

TC
Last edited by Tardis Carpenter on March 27th, 2010, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis Carpenter

Location: Inside the TARDIS remodeling and sometimes Kansas City

Postby madgoth on March 5th, 2010, 3:34 am

Tom would be wonderful to meet and spend some time with. I would also have loved to meet R.V. Williams and Thomas Hardy.
madgoth

Postby Sarah on March 5th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Oh I don't want to know really how they do it that spoils the fun... I would just like to be there to see if I can work some things out myself :D I have met a few novice magicians on the street mainly worked with cards. They were fun.
Sarah

Postby Who dat? on March 5th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Of course Tom is at the top of my list of people I'd like to meet. As for Dr. Who actors/actresses I'd like to meet Mary Tamm and Louise Jameson. I also can't keep from wanting to meet any of the actors who played Davros. I'd also like to meet Neil Armstrong and John Glenn. I have an autograph from John Glenn. As for magicians I've met many of them. My son is a member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians. I know how most of the close up magic tricks are done but it still doesn't diminish the thrill of seeing a well done technique.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby tracy on March 5th, 2010, 5:34 pm

:D only tom. there aint no one else who i want to meet or who im loyol to except tom.i save to meet tom
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Miscellaneous