The Horror of Fang Rock

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The Horror of Fang Rock

Postby Doctor31074 on January 19th, 2010, 11:31 pm

I really love Horror of Fang Rock, and when I have to introduce someone to classic Doctor Who I find this story and make them watch all four episodes. It's simple, dark, and stunning. When I finally get the Doctor Who roleplaying game I think one of the introductory tales for the group would have to be based on Horror. I love to watch it all in one block, and by the time it all ends with Tom reciting that creepy passage as they enter the TARDIS ends the story on the perfect note to end a nearly perfect story.
Doctor31074

Re: The Horror of Fang Rock

Postby WhoGabe on February 22nd, 2010, 1:50 pm

I'm catching up with Tom (and other Doctor's stories that never aired in Italy) and I've finally watched 'Horror at Fang Rock'. So far the best story of any classic Doctor I've seen.
I'm particularly fond of "bottled" stories where acting and directing is paramount over effects or action, so it's no surprise for me to have loved the episode! But Tom here is superb!
I think that, if ever someone would think of doing a theatre play of Doctor Who, this story would be absolutely perfect!
<<Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time
the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.>>
WhoGabe

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years