Women in Doctor Who

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Women in Doctor Who

Postby Jedi Princess on February 20th, 2010, 11:27 pm

Sarah Jane forever! lol. She's always been my favorite...she reminds me of myself, to be honest: inquisitive, a writer, a good hand with a rifle ( ;) ), an adventurer, sarcastic, and a mighty good screamer :D
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby Who dat? on February 21st, 2010, 6:56 pm

I most assuredly meant that Marys' character was snobby and not her as a person. I don't know her and would never presume to make a call like that with no basis in fact.
Everything's ok and no further comments, or apologies, are needed on this one.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby tracy on February 21st, 2010, 7:08 pm

who dat i applogise if i upset you didnt mean to i should have worded my words better
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Gold Usher on February 22nd, 2010, 12:56 am

I always favored Sarah Jane until Leela came along. I like her strength. She might not know exactly what the Doctor was talking about but she was at his back every step of the way. I loved the knife bit in Underworld about filleting someone's heart. Then again I do own a compound bow and hunted for a number of years during archery season so seem to have a bit of savage in myself as well :lol:
Gold Usher

Postby Sarah on February 25th, 2010, 6:36 pm

Sara Jane is my favourite all time companion, followed by Leela and Donna Noble.
Sarah

Postby tch on March 18th, 2010, 3:27 am

I pretty much liked all of Tom's women.
That doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.

They were a nice mix and all pretty unique. Much as I love the new series, all they do are 'girls from now'. They are all good characters, but would love to see the new how try something different with the companions. Get their own version of a Leela, Rommana or a K-9.

I do have a soft spot for Sarah Jane. Always liked the character and Liz always seemed like a sweet lady.
Some of favorite extra bits on the DVD of David Tennant's run is an interview with Liz where she seems pretty amazed at how everyone was so excited to have her back on the show.

That and John Barrowman having a geek meltdown over being in a story with Daleks and Sarah Jane.
tch

Postby Xplorer#83 on June 2nd, 2012, 8:46 pm

Tegan (Janet Fielding) was my number two favorite especially that first episode when she entered the Tardis. What fun after that as she always wanted to return home.

:D
Xplorer#83

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years