The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

See TV, Film & Theatre section for details of Tom's other roles.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The place to talk about Tom's other roles (NOT Doctor Who)

Postby merlinsseer on October 31st, 2009, 7:58 pm

I've heard that it was very good but i can't even find a clip from it to watch :cry:
Gham wrote:Tom was FABULOUS in 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil'. :D

Lucky old Patsy Hodge, is all I can say...
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby tracy on October 31st, 2009, 8:01 pm

merlinsseer wrote:I've heard that it was very good but i can't even find a clip from it to watch :cry:
Gham wrote:Tom was FABULOUS in 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil'. :D

Lucky old Patsy Hodge, is all I can say...

try ebay

its a shame about the dundgens and dragons story too tom only had a small part in that and he had to go all the way to canada just for a small part which he was great at
Last edited by tracy on November 1st, 2009, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on November 1st, 2009, 8:55 pm

Yes, TOM was excellent in HIS part. I mean, crikey crimeny, know HE was playing the King of the Elves, but did the role have to diminutive also?

oh ... oh ... oh ...

And lest we forget, that 60 second on-screen BATH for "The Canterbury Tales"! THAT particular video cost me $70 when it first came out. (And it is,even today, the most expensive single TOM/doc item I have in the entire collection.) Of course, and still, worth every penny paid for it. ;)
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm

my dvd of canterbury tales is in italian i think i will have to learn to speck italilan so i know what tom is saying ok its got subtitles but i cant watxh and read at the same time ha else im missing the good bits . ha when i had the she devel dvd wow i mean wow i havent watched the rest only the one with tom in must behave my self i said i would lol
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bcm77 on November 1st, 2009, 9:47 pm

I thought Tom was on top form in Blackadder and his appearance on HIGNFY last year was awesome, especially the bit that apparently upset some Who fans ( Where he said that if you don't like the Tom Baker action figure don't despair as it'll probably turn into a Sylvester McCoy figure which you'll REALLY hate! :mrgreen: )

Some people have no sense of humour.
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby tracy on November 1st, 2009, 9:53 pm

i didnt like that chris addison who was on have i got news for you with tom i thought he ws not nice to tom ive not hit anyone before but i could have hit him how he was with tom . tom was enjoying himself they should ask tom to be host all the time on there . have you seen tom on this is your life that was funny
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on November 2nd, 2009, 4:37 am

toms no 1 fan wrote:i didnt like that chris addison who was on have i got news for you with tom i thought he ws not nice to tom ive not hit anyone before but i could have hit him how he was with tom . tom was enjoying himself they should ask tom to be host all the time on there . have you seen tom on this is your life that was funny

I think he was trying to look cool and try to make a name for himself by trying to outdo Tom but that was never going to happen and he just wasn't that funny. If he was any fan of Tom's he should've known that Tom on and offscreen are one and the same, that's one of the reasons why when playing Doctor he was perfect for the role, having people wondering how he played the character so well when in fact he was just being himself. That's the good thing about taking on a role that's got a history but the character itself is like a new person with the regeneration, if you step up to the mark you make the role yours and if you want to know how to make it yours you just watch Tom in any episode.
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby merlinsseer on November 2nd, 2009, 7:50 am

Why you naughty girl you-lol :lol: . I've hunted high and low for " The Canterbury Tales " myself and found it on DVD but, it's region 2 and my DVD player would spit it back out at me in disgust. It only likes region 1 I have seen some VHS copies up for grabs on ebay- all used , very pricey and with no returns- the three top things I hate in a VHS tape. i may have to take a little walk down to your place for a viewing - you do have a rewind button on that VCR , right? ( did i just type that? :oops: ) I'll bring a bottle of mead.
As for that dragon movie, I'm ashamed to say that when we rented it , i didn't know he was in it. In the first twenty minutes of the film i wanted to do nothing more than poke all the lead actors in the eyeball, revoked my kids right to ever pick out a movie again and fell asleep. Then this VOICE awakened me -" Hey, that's Tom Baker , rewind that !" :lol: HE was the only saving grace in that entire film and he does pointy ears very well.
pattie anne wrote:yes, TOM was excellent in HIS part.

but i mean, crikey crimeny, i know HE was playing the King of the Elves, but did the role have to diminutive also?

:? :evil: :lol:

oh ... oh ... oh ... and lest we forget that 60 second on-screen BATH for "the canterbury tales" !!!

BTW THAT video cost me $70 when it first came out. (and the most expensive TOM/doc item i have in my collection.)

still ... worth every penny. ;)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby tracy on November 2nd, 2009, 10:58 am

:D the miilionaress dvd i got is r1 didnt realise till i got it silly me didnt think to look so i got my nethew in law who is my savrer when it comes to me not knowing how to fix somethink on my laptop ive learned alot from kieron but i still have alot more to learn im not doing to bad anyway back the the dvd kieron set it up for me to watch on my laptop . i think i should really go to computer classes but why should i when and if i get stuck i call for kieron when he has time
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Toothy Grin on November 2nd, 2009, 1:44 pm

I've loved Tom's performances in everything he's ever done - simply because he's Tom. However, after Dr Who what I've liked him best in has been his role as the cleric in The Life and Loves of a She-Devil , a performance that couldn't be more different to the Doctor, Prince Koura in Golden Voyage of Sinbad, and Puddleglum in The Silver Chair. I even really like his Sherlock Holmes from Hound of the Baskervilles, even though Tom always seems to apologise for it whenever it's mentioned. I think he was ideal casting in the role. :)
Toothy Grin

PreviousNext

Return to Not Doctor Who - Tom's other roles