The K9 factor.

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The K9 factor.

Postby Sarah on February 5th, 2010, 3:03 pm

I loved K9, after living with a 70kg great dane who sleeps with his smelly but on a chair and his head on the floor people would appreciate a robot dog, I have threatened to replace King with a K9 model when he is naughty. For starters, robot dogs don't fart.

I loved K9 for the same silly reasons I loved the cardboard spaceships and rubber monsters and stuff hanging on strings... because I just do lol.
Sarah

Postby John on February 5th, 2010, 5:36 pm

merlinsseer wrote:For those of them that are pro-K-9 , I simply have to ask this question ," Other than the pure sake of cuteness and the magic of John Leeson's voice, why ? "

I understand everything you're saying, Merlin, and agree with much of what you say, however I just can't help loving the banter and general silliness.

Pretty much everything between the years 1977 and 1979 was silly and way over the top, with performances being 'phoned through' and scenery being chewed left right and centre, so for me, K9 fit in rather well!
John

Postby Sarah on February 6th, 2010, 6:55 am

It was fun, at least the show had better toys to play with than my friends and I had at school we were envious.
Sarah

Postby tch on March 18th, 2010, 3:14 am

I'm in the love K-9 group.
Yes, he was clunky and caused huge problems for the crew, but he made a nice foil/straight man for the Doctor and added to the goofy, sci-fi charm of the show.

Wish they'd use him more on the Sarah Jane show.

Still have my cheap plastic K-9 action figure I got years ago. My kids got me a Judoon and an Ood to keep him company.
tch

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years