Tom and Liverpool

Talk about Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom and Liverpool

Postby Herod the Budgie on January 20th, 2010, 6:02 pm

As a Liverpudlian and a big fan of Liverpool FC, does anyone know if Tom will be returning to the city in the near future? I'm sure anyone who has read the excellent, 'Who on Earth is Tom Baker?' will be interested in Tom's Liverpool roots. There are many fascinating anecdotes about Tom's childhood in the Scotland Road (Kirkdale) area of north Liverpool and I've often wondered whether the great man has revisted his old stomping ground of late?

As a fellow Scouser and Liverpool fan, it would be great to see Tom in the city.
Herod the Budgie

Re: Tom and Liverpool

Postby pattie anne on January 23rd, 2010, 2:24 am

I bet HE sneaks back there, from TIME to TIME. Lots of relatives there. Some still living, and some WHO have passed over. But with Our Mister TOM, one can not be entirely sure of just exactly where HE may wander, so you might be wise to keep an eye out. And, welcome Mr Budgie!
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on February 23rd, 2010, 8:29 pm

would love to hear tom do his liverpool accent maybe at the glasgow event i might ask him if he dont mind . can hear a slight bit of liverpool when he is talking some times .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on February 27th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Bet HE would do it, especially during HIS interview TIME. :D That way someone would be bound to get it on tape for the rest of us to hear, later. :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Jillx on May 2nd, 2010, 11:32 pm

Hi Tracy, my old work colleague John Baldwin at Thamesbrooke in Chelsea was a Liverpudlian with his original accent, when Tom visited Thamesbrooke, John would tease him about his adopted accent, wherupon they would both 'at it' for a while with Tom reverting to his roots . It was fun to listen to. :-D
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby Moderator on May 13th, 2010, 3:49 am

Dear Jillx -

Too bad you weren't wired for sound back then. ;)

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Return to The man himself